Bob Read/Kurt Volkmann

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
George Olson

Bob Read/Kurt Volkmann

Postby George Olson » March 29th, 2002, 9:00 am

I'm looking for Bob Read's book on Cups and Balls art. In addition, does anyone know if he has finished his "new" book of illustrations mentioned in the synopsis of Chuck Romanos "The Art of Deception?"

I just missed a copy of The Oldest Deception, "Cups and Balls in the art of the 15th and 16th Centuries," both on Ron Alessi's and Martrinkas Auctions.

The reason for all this interest is that my daughter has her PhD in Art History and is currently working at the El Paso Art museum. She was at Colgate University in the art museum there while Charles "Buddy" Karles (sp) was President. He is a dedicated magician and collector.

Thanks

George

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: Bob Read/Kurt Volkmann

Postby Richard Kaufman » March 29th, 2002, 8:53 pm

Bob Read's "book" exists only as a very large set of photocopied pages with a plastic comb binding that he has sold at a few lectures. The real book, to be published by Volker Huber in Germany, has not come out yet.
We are all waiting ...
Bob ... did you hear that?
:)
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”