Tenyo T37 Penetro-Coin question

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
Mitch Solway

Tenyo T37 Penetro-Coin question

Postby Mitch Solway » October 19th, 2003, 9:03 pm

Hi!

This is not for sale (yet)...I just acquired this and had a few questions for those in the know on Tenyo...

a) What did the original packaging look like...this came in a clear acetate bag but the bag has a "Made in Japan" sticker on it...so I wonder if this is the original packaging?

b) What would be included in the full package. This has the plates and rubber bands (the outer elastic band has hardened from age and cracked but everything else is in tact), the small bag, the coin slide and the instructions. Was the hankerchief with the threaded fake coin part of the set?

c) Any idea what this might fetch..I understand it to be quite tough to find.

Thanks!

Mitch

Edwin Corrie

Re: Tenyo T37 Penetro-Coin question

Postby Edwin Corrie » October 20th, 2003, 12:12 am

Along with Tenyo's Crystal Box this was one of the very first tricks my parents bought for me, and I remember it quite well (including my frustration at not being able to do it properly). It came in a green, red and white flat square box a bit bigger than the plates. The coin and handkerchief were included, along with all the other things you mention. The plates in mine are red and cream, if that's of any interest.

No idea about prices, though I'm sure others will be able to help there.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » October 20th, 2003, 8:27 am

Penetro-Coin is one of the most difficult Tenyo items to find.
You are missing the cardboard box, which is about double the size of the more common small Tenyo box. The handkerchief looks fishy, but it is genuine. (It appears they simply bought a load of regular hankies and gaffed them.)
The one I have, unfortunately, is missing the coin slide ... which I would LOVE to have .. hint ... hint :help:
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Mitch Solway

Postby Mitch Solway » October 20th, 2003, 8:45 pm

Thanks fellas!

So it looks like I am missing the box, the coin and the hank.

Everything else is in mint condition (especially the coin slide!).

I may put it up on ebay with some other items next week...I will post if I do.

Thanks again,

Mitch

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”