Update on the Martin Nash book Nash Reloaded - pre-sale and DVD

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.

Update on the Martin Nash book Nash Reloaded - pre-sale and DVD

Postby Guest » July 8th, 2005, 9:53 am

Hi everyone,

As requested, I wanted to give evryone an update as to the status of the new Nash book, Nash Reloaded. It's been two years, and for me it's felt like more of a journey than a destination, but we are at the finish line. The rewrite and layout have been finished. It is back in the hands of one of my editors and the it goes back to Jason England for final approval. At that point, the e-book will be immediately available. The printed book will hit shelves not long after.

For those of you who have not heard, the pre-sale of the book is still on, but not for very much longer. The pre-sale price is $35. You recieve the e-book upon completion, and the printed product asap. considering that the ebook alone will be $35 and the printed will be about $60, it's quite a steal. please contact me at mike@thecharmingcheat.com for details.

Also, when the book goes back for final edit, we will begin filming the new DVD set for Nash Reloaded. It will contain the material from the book, bonus effects, sleights, and tons of extras. the set will retail for $90, but i'm having a BRIEF pre-sale for $60 . again, please email me if interested.

I will continue to keep everyone posted as to the status of the project, and thanks to alll who helped choose the cover. the final cover should be up on the website next week.
www.thecharmingcheat.com

Thanks to all,
Mike Sorensen :cool:

Re: Update on the Martin Nash book Nash Reloaded - pre-sale and DVD

Postby Guest » July 8th, 2005, 10:58 pm

So, did you come up with a better cover design? My recommendation is to pay a pro graphic designer to do it, rather than doing it yourself. You'll get a much classier product.

Postby Guest » July 12th, 2005, 1:00 pm

Hi again everyone. Thanks for all of your interest. The DVD's began filming today. The presale will only be going on for another week, so get in on it while you can.

Thanks
Mike

Bob Farmer

Postby Bob Farmer » July 12th, 2005, 1:55 pm

Mike:

I'm compiling an extensive bibliography of the Ten Card Poker Deal trick. I've heard that Martin has a routine. Will it be in the book?

Postby Guest » July 20th, 2005, 8:29 pm

Thought you guys might like a taste of some of the book. here are the links to both the main introduction to the book and Harry Loraynes introduction that he submitted.

http:\\www.thecharmingcheat.com\intro.txt
http:\\www.thecharmingcheat.com\hlintro.txt

Thanks
Mike
:cool:

Max Rodriguez

Postby Max Rodriguez » July 21st, 2005, 7:16 am

Here's some feedback. Perfect the intro's were great and very fun to read.

what cover did you decide on?

Postby Guest » December 2nd, 2005, 4:54 pm

I noticed that this eBook is for sale at the website. I paid for it over 4 months ago but haven't seen anything yet. Has anybody else been stiffed?

Adrian Kuiper

Postby Adrian Kuiper » December 3rd, 2005, 4:43 am

Hi...

Ya' hafta "goose" the guy....remind him that you paid and he'll come through. That's what I had to do ...

Adrian

John LeBlanc

Postby John LeBlanc » December 3rd, 2005, 6:38 am

Originally posted by Adrian Kuiper:
Hi...

Ya' hafta "goose" the guy....remind him that you paid and he'll come through. That's what I had to do ...

Adrian
I just realized what the effect is of watching too much of The Sopranos.

John
http://www.escamoteurettes.com/blog/

Steve Mills

Postby Steve Mills » December 3rd, 2005, 10:02 am

Is there a real book available? I see nothing but an e-book.

Thanks.....

Adrian Kuiper

Postby Adrian Kuiper » December 3rd, 2005, 1:22 pm

I apologize for that note....don't know what got into me!!!

Adrian

Postby Guest » December 3rd, 2005, 5:38 pm

well, he has been promising us a hard copy since october but still no news at all about the hardcopy since he mentioned that he has already sent it to the printers during october

Darren Lawbuary

Postby Darren Lawbuary » December 4th, 2005, 2:50 am

I have been, sadly, a little disappointed with all of this.
First, I was not told about the initial delay of the book, and so decided to cancel my order.
I have sent a couple of emails asking for my PAYPAL payment to be paid back to me. That was April.
I asked again in August, and was told quite bluntly to "have a moment of patience".
I know it's only a small amount - but that's not the point.
I am sure this does not reflect in any way on Martin Nash himself.
Remember, laughter is the best medicine. Unless you're asthmatic, then it's Ventolin.

Postby Guest » December 4th, 2005, 9:17 am

The question is whether Mr Nash knows about how his name is being used and the way his fans are being treated in his name.

Anyone know how to contact Mr Nash himself?

Dave Egleston

Postby Dave Egleston » December 5th, 2005, 10:07 am

I've written to this guy twice (email) - One was unanswered and the other was returned as "undeliverable."

I'm the most patient guy in the world when it comes to magical publications, but I do get agitated when I've paid for something and others are supposedly receiving the product I've paid for and the seller is not even acknowledging inquiries from me.

I do have Mr Nash's email address but I hate to bother him with this crap.

Just send me my stuff please or at least lie to me and tell me you're still working on it.

Dave

Postby Guest » December 5th, 2005, 11:25 am

I think it would not be a bother to email Mr Nash with regards to this matter. I mean that guy seem to be making money using Mr Nash's name.

I have no problems with that as long as he is doing it legally but we have heard no news from him since when? October? I prepaid in May and now its Decemeber.

Was promised the hardcopy soon after the release of the softcopy but till now, my emails cant get thru to him and neither have we heard when out hardcopies would be shipped to us.

Postby Guest » December 5th, 2005, 6:23 pm

Same deal with me. Some emails are undeliverable and some just aren't answered.

Have we been charmingly cheated? The eBook seems to be available on Martin's website...

Postby Guest » December 5th, 2005, 7:43 pm

The ebook was a nice bonus, but i did pay for the hardcopy book at the time of the order. If i knew it was only an ebook, i might not bother ordering at USD$45 (the amount i paid inclusive of shipping).

But whats there to ship when its only an ebook? Anyone have any clues?

Dave Egleston

Postby Dave Egleston » December 7th, 2005, 12:02 pm

Ebook?

I didn't even get an ebook and I've paid a total over 90 dollars.

No rebate, no special deals.

I don't think the guy is purposely trying to rip us off.

I think he may not be as smart as he thought he was and is overwhelmed by the scope of the project and the sense of failure he must be experiencing.

As I said: even a lie is better than silence - I'm going to a school in Salt Lake City in a couple of months, I'll be glad to carry some personal messages to him if my contract to purchase isn't satified by then

Dave

Postby Guest » December 7th, 2005, 11:20 pm

The ebook has been released for Nash Reloaded in early November this year. Guess u have to contact him repeatedly. Try using another header for your emails. Like

"Wanna purchase Nash Reloaded"
"Wanna purchase New NAsh Book"

He always replies with great speed when i query for an attempt purchase. But seldom replies if i am looking for information on stuff that i have already paid for.

In Novemeber, he mentioend that he will be sending the ebook to the printers to produce the hardcopy. If everything has alreayd been done, why would it now (just printing and sending them to buyers) be a major project?

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”