lassen/auke

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
sleightofdan
Favorite Magician: MW

lassen/auke

Postby sleightofdan » May 22nd, 2024, 2:26 pm

Looking for Lassen or Auke items. Please send private message, text/call 12095984459 or email ddamen209@gmail.com. Also open to trades

Bill Mullins

Re: lassen/auke

Postby Bill Mullins » May 23rd, 2024, 12:21 pm

Is there a particular gaff you are looking for?

sleightofdan

Postby sleightofdan » May 23rd, 2024, 12:30 pm

Hi bill, im interested in all gaffs and gambling devices made by those makers

sleightofdan

Postby sleightofdan » May 29th, 2024, 6:44 pm

Asking what particular gaff I want, only to then tell me there’s literally nothing for sale. Another member emails “youre looking for Lassen?” with a laughing emoji. Another person FaceTimed me at 2am with nothing to sell. Just a wild suggestion but perhaps refrain from messaging unless there is actually business to conduct. My work schedule is quite busy in order to pay for endless foreign military interventions, and supermarket eggs that now cost more than Faberge’s.

Auction of rare items ending this Sunday. $1 starting bid with no reserve: https://www.ebay.com/itm/116198268874?m ... media=COPY

Roger M.

Postby Roger M. » May 29th, 2024, 7:08 pm

Your rather vague OP sets you up for these kinds of answers. Between the two makers you note, there are literally hundreds of products that have been made over the years. Nobody has a clue what it is exactly that you're after, or how much you're willing to pay for it.

Lassen's stuff (especially his gambling stuff) was almost impossible to get when he was alive. Now that he's passed away, it's impossible to get unless you open your wallet wide (and I mean really wide). If you want Auke's stuff, then you also want Dr. X's stuff by default ... as Auke copied his most popular gambling stuff directly from Dr. X.

Generally speaking, and in regards to your OP ... you're probably not going to get anything of substance unless you state exactly what it is you'd like to purchase, and indicate how much you're willing to pay for it.
So do some more research, then ask for specifically what it is that you'd like to acquire (do you want Todd's N-Stripper machine, or Auke's STF stripper machine? ... then say so!) ... you'd be amazed at the difference between "vague", and "specific" (not that it's going to automatically make either makers gambling equipment any less rare, or any cheaper ... even if you happen to find somebody willing to sell).

sleightofdan

Postby sleightofdan » May 29th, 2024, 7:27 pm

Someone last week saw my post, offered what they had, and I bought those sets. It’s really not that complicated or impossible. It’s a Lassen gaff, not some necklace fabricated from the tusk of Kassner’s elephant

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”