Wtb: Bill Wisch’s Helicopter card

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
Bill7
Favorite Magician: Ramsay

Wtb: Bill Wisch’s Helicopter card

Postby Bill7 » August 16th, 2023, 3:29 pm

Anyone?

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: Wtb: Bill Wisch’s Helicopter card

Postby Richard Kaufman » August 16th, 2023, 9:08 pm

You can buy the Slydini books in which it is described, and also watch Slydini do it on YouTube on the Dick Cavett show. You don't need more than that.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Bill7
Favorite Magician: Ramsay

Postby Bill7 » August 16th, 2023, 9:32 pm

Great! Thank you.

Tarotist
Favorite Magician: David Nixon

Postby Tarotist » August 16th, 2023, 11:28 pm

I believe that I have added great improvements to this standard routine. A far better climax for a start.

JHostler

Postby JHostler » August 17th, 2023, 7:19 am

Richard Kaufman wrote:You can buy the Slydini books in which it is described, and also watch Slydini do it on YouTube on the Dick Cavett show. You don't need more than that.

Yeah, but the man is so bloody good he still gets the move past you!
"The gnomes' ambition is handicapped by laziness." Adapted from Charles Bukowski, and clearly evident at http://www.gnominal.com

Tarotist

Postby Tarotist » August 17th, 2023, 7:58 am

JHostler wrote:
Richard Kaufman wrote:You can buy the Slydini books in which it is described, and also watch Slydini do it on YouTube on the Dick Cavett show. You don't need more than that.

Yeah, but the man is so bloody good he still gets the move past you!

Only if you are sitting with him or watching him in person. The trouble with You Tube is that people will watch it over and over again until they catch it. And it ain't difficult to catch it when you do that. Even if a video doesn't expose the secret deliberately it still happens whether we like it or not. And I don't like it.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » August 17th, 2023, 10:44 am

The trick is designed to be done for the person sitting at the table with Slydini, though it will certainly fool any lay people watching a video.
I might add that the best way to read the Fulves Slydini books is the e-versions by lybrary.com, in which the photos have been fully integrated with the text! And it's only $30! https://www.lybrary.com/the-best-of-sly ... 87309.html
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Tarotist

Postby Tarotist » August 17th, 2023, 5:41 pm

It will fool a lay person watching a video the first time they view it. Maybe a second time but I am still not sure. A third time they WILL spot it. It is very brazen and pretty obvious. Read the comments underneath and it will be seen that I am correct. I think whoever manages those videos should delete the exposing comments.

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”