Tenkai's publication

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
MitsuMatsu

Tenkai's publication

Postby MitsuMatsu » June 22nd, 2021, 7:32 pm

Is there a pdf version of "Tenkai Manipulative Card Routine" (1945, Honolulu, The House of Magic) available somewhere? It seems that Abbott's later sold it as "Tenkai's Manipulative Card Routine".

JimKane
Favorite Magician: Shimada

Re: Tenkai's publication

Postby JimKane » June 22nd, 2021, 8:46 pm

Yes, Abbott's did re-print it as an 8.5"x11" 11 page manuscript with lots of line drawings. It's a very detailed routine, and the instructions are quite detailed as well; and is thankfully presented in multiple phases, which breaks down the whole routine. I'd give this one an A+ in terms of both the routine itself, and, the quality of the instructions. It would take the average magi quite sometime to learn and master Tenkai-san's routine to be "presentation perfect"; so this one's not an easy-breezy routine to learn - you're going to work hard for this one - and, you'll have to really want to learn it to get through all the moves and details - but, it's worth it! It's up there with Shimada's Billiard Ball routine in terms of intricacy; if you are familiar with that routine. If I can answer any specific questions you may have about the routine itself, feel free to PM me.

Philippe Billot

Postby Philippe Billot » June 23rd, 2021, 2:33 am

If you have bought The New Tops in DVD, you can find the complete routine in Volume 32, february, 1992, page 25.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » June 23rd, 2021, 9:57 am

The drawings in the manuscript are by Tenkai. The whole act was rewritten in more detail and republished as a hardcover book in Japan in the early 1970s, I believe, which is extremely difficult to find. Shigeo Takagi might have been the author.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

MitsuMatsu

Postby MitsuMatsu » June 23rd, 2021, 10:00 am

Philippe Billot wrote:If you have bought The New Tops in DVD, you can find the complete routine in Volume 32, february, 1992, page 25.

I found the issuet. Is it okay to assume that everything is included in this issue? Thanks a lot.

MitsuMatsu

Postby MitsuMatsu » June 23rd, 2021, 8:36 pm

Jim Kane-san, thank you for your kind explanation about it. Very helpful.

JimKane
Favorite Magician: Shimada

Postby JimKane » June 23rd, 2021, 11:11 pm

Glad to be of whatever help I could to you in your quest for information, MitsuMatsu.

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”