Don & Patti Rose?

Discuss the historical aspects of magic, including memories, or favorite stories.
Ravenspur
Favorite Magician: Derren Brown

Don & Patti Rose?

Postby Ravenspur » March 24th, 2023, 8:59 pm

I just finished an article on Dr. I. R. Calkins (S.A.M. President 1936-37) whom our Assembly is named after.

I'm now working on finding material other members of Assembly 17 in Springfield, MA. Two active members during Calkins' time as president of our Assembly were Don and Patti Rose.

I use GenealogyBank to find news articles, but can't find anything much. Hits on AskAlexander mention Don, Sr. and Don,

Jr. I have Assembly notes that mention them performing in the 1930s/1940s. I'd like to locate obituaries, but so far, I can't find anything. Was Don Rose the owner of the miniature doll house effect? Patti Rose may have been an assistant for Blackstone.

I found a Donald W Rose who was married to Anita Paterson from Springfield, but don't know if she was Patti Rose. (Paterson-->Patti?)

Any info would be appreciated.

Ravenspur
Favorite Magician: Derren Brown

Re: Don & Patti Rose?

Postby Ravenspur » March 25th, 2023, 8:31 am

Don Rose was Donald W. Rose.

He was married to Anita Paterson (Patti) Rose. They apparently divorced and she married Kenneth Fenton. Don remained in New Jersey and was active in the Audley Walsh Ring.

Patti was killed in a one car accident in 1977.

Return to “Magic History and Anecdotes”