Johnny Giordemaine

Discuss the historical aspects of magic, including memories, or favorite stories.
Tarotist
Favorite Magician: David Nixon

Johnny Giordemaine

Postby Tarotist » September 30th, 2022, 10:09 am

I never met him but I have talked about him before. When I first came to Canada he had passed away but I would hear all sorts of tales about him. He sounded like a real ENTERTAINER. Anyway I just came across this article about him. You might as well read it if you have nothing else to do...................

https://archive.macleans.ca/article/195 ... giordmaine

Diego

Re: Johnny Giordemaine

Postby Diego » September 30th, 2022, 12:36 pm

Very good article showing how active and well-known he was. Saw his activities in magic magazines all the time and his various items
that magic dealers sold. He performed numerous times on "The Captain Kangaroo Show", where I saw him. (that show often had magicians: Frank Brents, Richardi, and others.)

MagicbyAlfred
Favorite Magician: Bill Malone

Re: Johnny Giordemaine

Postby MagicbyAlfred » September 30th, 2022, 12:43 pm

Diego wrote:Very good article showing how active and well-known he was. Saw his activities in magic magazines all the time and his various items
that magic dealers sold. He performed numerous times on "The Captain Kangaroo Show", where I saw him. (that show often had magicians: Frank Brents, Richardi, and others.)

i LIVED for that show, which came on every Saturday morning in the late 50's/early 60's. There was one other magician featured on the show who wasn't mentioned, and he was my favorite trickster of all (and probably of all time, other than Bill), "Bunny Rabbit."

"Bunny Rabbit was a puppet character on the children's television show Captain Kangaroo. Bunny Rabbit wore horn-rimmed glasses, and would trick the Captain into giving him his carrots."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Bunny_Rabbit

Return to “Magic History and Anecdotes”