Roy Horn - Tiger attack

Discuss the historical aspects of magic, including memories, or favorite stories.
Diego

Roy Horn - Tiger attack

Postby Diego » September 8th, 2020, 2:48 am

I saw tonight a TV show, "What Really Happened", focusing on the 2003 incident on stage with Roy Horn and one of his tigers. Like any show, you don't know what was edited out or left out, but very interesting to hear officials and journalists who were going beyond The Buzz and trying to get to the bottom of what DID happen that night.

Also telling and troubling, was the little known, serious injuries that others had suffered from S&R's animals over the years.

Roger M.

Re: Roy Horn - Tiger attack

Postby Roger M. » September 8th, 2020, 12:38 pm

I don't get all the presumed mystery surrounding Roy's accident.

He was attacked by one of his tigers at a point in the act where he began ad libbing his normal movements (confirmed by multiple sources) ... at this point (and very quickly) the tiger became unpredictable.
Whether the unconfirmed information which makes note that Roy had been spending very little time with his animals in the months prior factors into the issue is largely irrelevant, perhaps even a bit gossipy.

We all know what happened next.
I think the "mystery" is a sad little marketing effort trotted out in an effort to turn a simple tragedy into something far more fabricated ... all presumably in an effort to generate a few bucks for the fabricator(s).

Trying to guess, or outright implying that one of these fabricators "knows" what's going on in a tigers mind is patently ridiculous.

Return to “Magic History and Anecdotes”