Jules Fisher

Discuss the historical aspects of magic, including memories, or favorite stories.
Bill Mullins

Jules Fisher

Postby Bill Mullins » April 14th, 2012, 12:16 pm

Jules Fisher is a Tony award winning lighting designer for plays and theater. He has worked on shows with Harry Blackstone Jr and Ricky Jay, among others. The wikipedia article about him says he is from Norristown, PA.

Mad Magazine started out as a comic book. The first 23 issues were in that format, and #24 was the first magazine style issue. The last comic issue has a letter from one Jules Fisher, of Norristown, PA. Coincidence?

Andrew Pinard

Re: Jules Fisher

Postby Andrew Pinard » April 14th, 2012, 2:43 pm

Hey Bill!

No coincidence. Jules is also known to enjoy magic...

ajp

Lisa Cousins

Postby Lisa Cousins » April 14th, 2012, 3:44 pm

Well, what did the letter say?

Bill Mullins

Postby Bill Mullins » April 15th, 2012, 10:31 pm

Your furshlugginer magazine is the best for do-it-yourself articles. The one on the veeblefetzer was top-drawer material. As I was looking through an old Erector Set the other day, I found an old left-handed veeblefetzer. The only trouble was that the throttle arm was caked with Mahtosh. Do you think that I could clean it with some good-old Grocket Farsmellnik? Jules Fisher Norristown, Pa.

Scotto

Postby Scotto » April 16th, 2012, 11:35 am

Jules is also the LD (Lighting Director) that is famous for the dancing hands in "Pippin" Magic To Do
He has attended several of the Magic History conferences and lectured a few years ago. He used tractor lights in the floor to throw a beam of light that the actors could move their hands in and out of.
Magically

Scotto

This email is a natural product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty, and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

Return to “Magic History and Anecdotes”