Pinky Count

Discuss the historical aspects of magic, including memories, or favorite stories.

Re: Pinky Count

Postby Guest » March 3rd, 2005, 6:48 am

Blomberg:

Nice solution!

(Of course, coming from you that's no surprise.)

I don't think I'd choose this M.O. over pinky count/pass (flippant is more challenging than the pinky count & the extended set-up with reversed cards doesn't help things)

None-the less, it's a wonderful, CREATIVE, alternative. Thanks for taking the time to think and share.

Jason England

Postby Jason England » March 3rd, 2005, 5:46 pm

Originally posted by Philippe Billot:
[b]
Originally posted by nola:
[qb] Didn't Steranko have some influence on the history of this technique? I don't own the book however I have read it and recall him as the person who should be credited with the move's creation.
Just Wondering
Elliot
It's absolutly impossible as Steranko was born in 1939 and Richard C. Lindahl used the Pinky Count in 1944. [/b]
Actually Lindahl using it in 1944 only makes it improbable that Steranko was the creator. But Braue's 1937 notes make it impossible!

Jason

Postby Guest » March 4th, 2005, 5:47 am

Originally posted by Jason England:
Lindahl using it in 1944 only makes it improbable that Steranko was the creator...
Know many five-year-olds, Jason? ;)

Philippe Billot

Postby Philippe Billot » March 4th, 2005, 11:30 pm

Originally posted by Jason England:
Actually Lindahl using it in 1944 only makes it improbable that Steranko was the creator. But Braue's 1937 notes make it impossible!

Jason

How true and subtle is this distinction !

Jason, I know you are in the US Air Force, but You could be also an attorney-at-law or a philisopher.

Philippe Billot

Postby Philippe Billot » March 7th, 2005, 12:40 am

Just for the fun. If you read this :

"Hold the cards in left hand, the thumb lies across. Bend the first finger under the deck and, with the tip of the middlefinger pressing on the cards, make them successively curve towards the palm."

Could you think this can be a Middlefinger Count ?

Edwin Corrie

Postby Edwin Corrie » March 7th, 2005, 2:15 am

According to Magic Christian's "Non plus ultra", Hofzinser used to do a pinky count from the bottom upwards.

Return to “Magic History and Anecdotes”