Isaac Fawkes

Discuss the historical aspects of magic, including memories, or favorite stories.
Bizzaro

Isaac Fawkes

Postby Bizzaro » April 12th, 2004, 9:40 pm

Looking for photos of Isaac Fawkes.. anyone wanna help me out? (The Germain post did so well ha ha)
Bizzaro.
www.smappdooda.com
www.bizzarobydesign.com

Michael Edwards

Re: Isaac Fawkes

Postby Michael Edwards » April 13th, 2004, 3:28 am

I'm afraid you won't be much more succesful in this quest. Fawkes died on May 25, 1731 -- one hundred and seven years before Louis Daguerre created the first permanant photographic images using silver-plated copper coated with silver iodide and "developed" with warmed mercury.

Michael Edwards

Dale Shrimpton

Postby Dale Shrimpton » April 13th, 2004, 7:22 am

There are images ofhim available though.
Look for the Famous engravings of Bartholemew fair by Hogarth, and you will see his likeness.

http://members.fortunecity.de/hogarth_s ... hwark.html

Q. Kumber
Favorite Magician: Tom Whitestone

Postby Q. Kumber » April 13th, 2004, 11:26 am

Bobby Bernard used present a recreation of Fawkes act at British conventions and also for The Magic Circle At Home evenings. I believe the act is now in retirement.

Bobby is recuperating from a recent leg operation after a nasty fall down the stairs.

Bizzaro

Postby Bizzaro » April 13th, 2004, 10:40 pm

maybe I will just find a photo of Bobby Bernard.. who'll know ha ha. Anyone know where I can get one of them ha ha...
Bizzaro.

www.smappdooda.com

www.bizzarobydesign.com

Dale Shrimpton

Postby Dale Shrimpton » April 14th, 2004, 4:07 am

well, if you go to my web site, you will find one. He's not wearing the fawkes outfit though, just a grey suit.

Dale Shrimpton

Postby Dale Shrimpton » April 14th, 2004, 4:09 am

Originally posted by Quentin Reynolds:
Bobby Bernard used present a recreation of Fawkes act at British conventions and also for The Magic Circle At Home evenings. I believe the act is now in retirement.

Bobby is recuperating from a recent leg operation after a nasty fall down the stairs.
Actualy, Bobby tells me that he is now in retirement.He's not taking on any pupils any more, and isnt activly looking for theatre work.

Return to “Magic History and Anecdotes”