Zarlington Players

Discuss the historical aspects of magic, including memories, or favorite stories.

Zarlington Players

Postby Guest » July 31st, 2005, 7:57 pm

In the 70's my small elementary school in Texas was visited by the Zarlington Players each year. The Zarlington Players were an elderly couple who performed magic and a silly puppet show. All I know is that they lived in Coriscana, Texas, and I'm sure they have long passed away.

I'm curious if anyone running the magic circles in Texas back then can tell me more about them - share any stories.

Re: Zarlington Players

Postby Guest » January 20th, 2006, 10:14 am

I remember the Zarlington players. I saw them perform the magic show a couple of times when I was in school in East Texas (Mabank) . They had a small show that woud pack into the back of a station wagon.I became acquainted with them and actually visited them in their home outside of Corsicana. I believe the town was called Richland Hills. This must have been in 1977 or 78.
The name Zarlington comes from his father who was a vaudville performer. Apparently the family was performing in Nashville ( I think) and were staying at the Arlington hotel. They added the Z and it became Zarlington.
I can't remember their first names nor their given last name.
I do remember that the couple was very generous and warm. They gave me several pieces of equipment that I still have today.

kirbyromine
Favorite Magician: Cesareo Pelaez

Postby kirbyromine » May 18th, 2023, 2:25 pm

I know this is a long shot, but if the person who replied to the Zarlington Players post would contact me, PLEASE! I'm working on a project and would love any information you could share. This also goes for anyone who knows anything about the Zarlington Players. PHOTOS would be gold to me. kirby@kirbyromine.com
THANK YOU

katterfelt0
Favorite Magician: Depends on the day. Today, Rick Maue.

Postby katterfelt0 » May 18th, 2023, 4:27 pm

kirbyromine wrote:I know this is a long shot, but if the person who replied to the Zarlington Players post would contact me, PLEASE! I'm working on a project and would love any information you could share. This also goes for anyone who knows anything about the Zarlington Players. PHOTOS would be gold to me. kirby@kirbyromine.com
THANK YOU

There's a brief mention in the Jan 1982 Genii on pg. 54.
Effect and method are inextricably linked.

Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Postby Dustin Stinett » May 18th, 2023, 5:44 pm

There are over 200 entries under that name in Newspapers.com, which I highly recommend for research.
Good luck.

Return to “Magic History and Anecdotes”