Kellar Documentary

Discuss the historical aspects of magic, including memories, or favorite stories.
Bill Mullins

Kellar Documentary

Postby Bill Mullins » May 17th, 2021, 10:52 am

At one time, a number of announcements for a documentary on Harry Kellar were made. "American Mystic: The Magical Life of Harry Kellar," was being produced by Main Street Media. Was it ever released?

Russ
Favorite Magician: Those that know the art well

Re: Kellar Documentary

Postby Russ » May 20th, 2021, 7:17 pm

Bill,
Our Friend here in the Erie, Pa area was behind this project. Sadly, he died of cancer on November 2018. His wife Lisa survives him but moved away. I can ask her her through facebook but he was ill and could not finish this project form what I recall. He was a great guy and loved the history of Magic and especially since kellar was our home boy.

Russ
Russ Polizzi

Russ

Postby Russ » May 20th, 2021, 7:18 pm

Bill,
Sorry, forgot to mention him. Rich Gensheimer.
Russ Polizzi

Bill Mullins

Postby Bill Mullins » May 20th, 2021, 9:27 pm

I had already found and spoke with Ms Gensheimer on FB. She told me that the footage still needs to be edited into a complete movie.

hugmagic

Postby hugmagic » November 6th, 2021, 1:03 pm

Bob Borgia might be the guy to spearhead getting this finished as he opened the comedy club, Kellar's in Erie.
BTW, Nice to hear your are still around Russ. Remember meeting you at FFFF through Bill Meisel.
Richard Hughes
www.hughesmagic.com

Russ

Postby Russ » November 6th, 2021, 7:19 pm

Hi Richard,
Nice that you are still around as well. I haven’t seen Borgia in a few years and have yet to go to the club. Still, Lisa would be the only one that would be in charge of this project if indeed it sees the light. Hope you are well. Bill’s former house is just a lot now. I have some stuff he gave me like Neil Elias’ notebooks. I need to eventually part with this. Stay well Mr Hughes. Hope to see you again. I am,
Russ Raven
Russ Polizzi

Return to “Magic History and Anecdotes”