Bill Wisch Tony Slydini Lesson Audio Clip- Basic Timing Technique - January 16, 1974

Discuss the historical aspects of magic, including memories, or favorite stories.
Kevin Wisch

Bill Wisch Tony Slydini Lesson Audio Clip- Basic Timing Technique - January 16, 1974

Postby Kevin Wisch » September 6th, 2020, 3:40 pm

Hi all,
Wanted to share this audio clip my father published today on Youtube. Hope you enjoy! - Kevin

https://youtu.be/2KsFXlPSuI8

Description from Youtube:
This audio clip was recorded at Tony Slydini's Studio of Magic in NYC on January 16, 1974. Tony is instructing me on the basic "tense" and "relax" positions in his philosophy on timing and misdirection techniques.

The key to Slydini's whole timing techniques is having a slight hesitation after the "tense" (shoot) position. That gives a natural drop of the hands to the table, otherwise the drop of the hands happens too fast. This is why Tony's magic is so deceptive; everything looks natural and as it should look to the spectator. You will hear him discuss how I, at first, bring the hands up too high. At the end, Tony says the following about my learning: “You must have saw already something about my magic. You went the right way some they do, they don't do at all, they try to do but then nothing.” I was so proud to hear him say that when I reviewed the footage.

This clip represents just 1.5minutes of footage of over 38 hours of audio lessons that Slydini allowed me to take during my time spent studying with him. Please "like" and "share" this, and subscribe to my Youtube channel if you want me to share more of these priceless clips publicly on Youtube for all to enjoy.

https://www.billwisch.com

Audio Clip Copyright 2020 Bill Wisch and Wisch-Craft Productions. All Rights Reserved.

Joe Lyons
Favorite Magician: Wonder

Re: Bill Wisch Tony Slydini Lesson Audio Clip- Basic Timing Technique - January 16, 1974

Postby Joe Lyons » September 6th, 2020, 4:25 pm

Good stuff.

Gregory Wilson brought this up just today at a TAOM lecture.

Kevin Wisch

Re: Bill Wisch Tony Slydini Lesson Audio Clip- Basic Timing Technique - January 16, 1974

Postby Kevin Wisch » September 6th, 2020, 4:44 pm

Thanks Joe. Glad Gregory mentioned it. As Slydini said in the audio clip, it’s not just good, it’s the BEST :-)

Bill Evans

Postby Bill Evans » September 7th, 2020, 7:36 pm

I remember Bill doing a lecture in St. Louis in the late 1970s and it was one of the best. I still do the two “palm changes”. It’s one of the upper tier lectures that taught something I still do.

Bill Wisch

Postby Bill Wisch » October 4th, 2020, 2:47 pm

Bill Evans wrote:I remember Bill doing a lecture in St. Louis in the late 1970s and it was one of the best. I still do the two “palm changes”. It’s one of the upper tier lectures that taught something I still do.

Bill,

Thank you so much for your wonderful compliments! I am thrilled you still do the two "Palm Changes"! Sorry for my delayed response; my son Kevin has been actively posting on several of the boards for me recently and I rarely check-in. I hope you and yours are well and thank you again.

- Bill

Return to “Magic History and Anecdotes”