audio problems

Discuss aspects of the new digital access to all back issues of Genii and anything therein.
Scott M.

audio problems

Postby Scott M. » October 19th, 2016, 1:02 pm

Anyone else having audio problems -- as in no audio -- in the embedded videos in the iGenii app? I'm on an iPad Air running the latest iOS version.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: audio problems

Postby Richard Kaufman » October 19th, 2016, 2:08 pm

There is a known bug with the iPhone. We have answered the question here before. First time I recall hearing it about the iPad

What I suggest you do is simply Google "No audio from YouTube videos on iPad [list your specific type here]" and you will find out how to fix it. It's a simple adjustment.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Scott M.

Postby Scott M. » October 19th, 2016, 5:20 pm

Thanks, fixed it. I remember this was a problem in previous iOS's, but this was the first time I encountered it on this one.

Bill Marquardt
Favorite Magician: Pop Haydn

Postby Bill Marquardt » October 20th, 2016, 2:49 am

A moot point perhaps, but Richard you seem to have forgotten that the problem did indeed involve iPads the last time it appeared. We discussed the problem here regarding my iPad 2 and someone else's. It had something to do with the side switch being set to "Mute" or "Lock Rotation."

Here is another weird Apple thing - today, on my iMac using the Safari browser, I could not play any of the YouTube videos using the links in the online November issue. Never had this problem before. I went to my trusty Windows machine and everything worked fine.

I eventually discovered that since "upgrading" to the new Sierra iOS that the Flash Player plugin necessary to play the videos was not enabled within the Safari app. I had to download the Flash Player and go into the Safari "preferences" to make it work. It was a frustrating hour of my time spent to fix a problem that should not have happened in the first place. And yet people still suffer under the impression that Apples work better than Windows machines. I have had one of each on my desktop for three years and I can tell you, "It ain't so."

I am really only bringing this up in case someone else experiences this situation.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » October 20th, 2016, 9:40 am

Thanks, Bill. Yes, you're correct: I had forgotten.

We'll hopefully be off the Flash-based system in a few months.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Return to “iGenii”