"No current subscription" error

Discuss aspects of the new digital access to all back issues of Genii and anything therein.
Bill Marquardt
Favorite Magician: Pop Haydn

Re: "No current subscription" error

Postby Bill Marquardt » March 10th, 2015, 4:42 pm

Just for kicks, I downloaded the app on my iPad again and it appears to be working normally for me.

Hurrah. :D :D :D :D :D

Let's hope it keeps working. I see you have not yet announced a fix, so I assume it is still being worked on.

Chris Aguilar

Postby Chris Aguilar » March 10th, 2015, 4:56 pm

Richard Kaufman wrote:Chris, the endless loop problem now exists for many of us. In trying to fix it, something else has been broken. WORKING ON IT (and it's costing me quite a bit to fix!).

Good to know it's not only me.

I'm amazed that they would charge you extra for fixing something as fundamental as logging into their system.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » March 10th, 2015, 8:01 pm

No, they're not charging me. I'm paying our own programmer to do certain things that are our responsibility. We're trying to find out if the problem is on our end, their end, or something not handshaking in both places.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Chris Aguilar

Postby Chris Aguilar » March 11th, 2015, 1:10 am

And tonight, after a bit of fuss I'm once again able to access the archive from my tablet. I wonder if the login procedure is affected by various firewalls.

AJM

Postby AJM » March 14th, 2015, 4:09 pm

After a period of extensive research - i.e. I've just tried to log on again - I now seem to have access.

I've tried on:
iPad 2
iPhone 6 Plus
Galaxy Tab S
Computer

and all seems to be ok........ for now.

Andrew

Bill Marquardt
Favorite Magician: Pop Haydn

Postby Bill Marquardt » March 14th, 2015, 6:24 pm

The apps on my iPad 2 and my Samsung Note 3 have been working properly for four days now, so things are looking better. A real test will come when the April issue goes online. By the way, iOS 8.2 is now available for the iPad. I am running it now. Seems okay.

I don't want to confuse the issue, but I did experience one anomaly with the app on the iPad. After downloading the March issue, for online viewing, as soon as the %100 indicator vanished, I downloaded the offline version. When the offline version was %100 downloaded, I took the iPad offline and viewed it. Many of the pages were not fully loaded. On some pages the blurry version would show, on others the text would completely disappear.

I went back online a did another online copy download, this time waiting for all the issue's pages to show on the screen after I clicked on the 'pages"button, I did the offline download again, went offline and viewed again. This time everything was there. I speculate that the %100 indicator is not accurate. Now the funny part - I downloaded the previous two issues, January and February, and did not experience the same problem.

At any rate, everything is working properly right now. :D

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » March 14th, 2015, 8:48 pm

Thanks for your notes!
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Return to “iGenii”