iGenii: All pages not downloading

Discuss aspects of the new digital access to all back issues of Genii and anything therein.
Ray Eden

iGenii: All pages not downloading

Postby Ray Eden » August 31st, 2012, 2:42 am

I'm having a bit of trouble. It seems that only the first 21 pages of the July 2012 issue downloaded and nothing more has come through in two days. How does one fix this?

Keith Raygor

Re: iGenii: All pages not downloading

Postby Keith Raygor » August 31st, 2012, 10:37 am

I have had the same problem for several issues, and eventually stopped attempting to read them on the iPad about 4 months ago.

I was able to successfully download the last two issues a couple days ago, as an experiment, but it took all night, and the battery was just about dead by the time it was done.

I'm not sure if it continues downloading after the iPad goes to sleep (or turns off), or if it's better to disable that function temporarily.

By the way, I appreciate the concise instructions Richard gave you for logging into Ask Alexander. They were just what I needed. Thanks, Richard.
www.KeithTheMagician.com
www.TheMusicalMindreader.com

Ray Eden

Postby Ray Eden » August 31st, 2012, 12:31 pm

Thanks Keith. I hope that's not the case here. I really like the electronic version.

Ray Eden

Postby Ray Eden » August 31st, 2012, 2:53 pm

I deleted the file and downloaded it again. It's working fine now.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » August 31st, 2012, 5:19 pm

The electronic version works just fine. I check it myself every month on an iPad, iPad 2, and iPhone 4S.

You have to disable your iPad from going to sleep or the download will never complete.

It's better to have your iPad plugged in when downloading the issues.

You must have a really slow connection because it takes me, with my iPad NOT plugged in, only about 10 minutes to download an issue. The download takes longer on those pages containing audio and video.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

MJE
Favorite Magician: Craig Karges

Postby MJE » March 20th, 2014, 10:44 pm

Yeah, I've had problems, as mentioned on another thread, of getting the "Inernet connection required" message. I think it's a Apple issue rather than a Genii issue.

At home, we're wireless and modernized to the hilt. Everything works fine. On the road.....well, not so much.

Still....pretty cool, huh? It's a great time to be alive!

-MJ

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » March 21st, 2014, 1:34 am

Again, I download the digital issue every month onto my iPad 2, iPhone 4S, and I never have any problems. Every page downloads as long as the iPad stays away and you have a decent signal. In fact, service has improved in the past few months and downloads take place even more quickly. There's no reason a download should stop after a certain number of pages unless you are out of memory or space on your iPad.

WilliamGlanville
Favorite Magician: teller

Postby WilliamGlanville » June 4th, 2014, 12:40 pm

I am trying to read Genii on a Kindle Fire using their "silk" browser...
At the suggestion of Ms. Daham I downloaded the free app from the Amazon store...it frequently crashes while downloading an issue...the ZOOM feature frequently resets itself while trying to adjust page size...I occasionally captured an audio download from older issues but no video seems to be available yet.

On XP using Firefox, I can still read GIBECIERE at ASK ALEX but nothing of Genii will ever load...

Always loved the magazine...hope this consumer report is helpful (At least Amazon gave me a free mp3 for using the App Store ! ;)

06/07/2014
Amazon app works ok

06/18/14

Amazon app no longer works. Uninstalled and tried downloading again. Still not working on Kindle...I give up.
Last edited by WilliamGlanville on June 19th, 2014, 1:12 am, edited 3 times in total.

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » June 4th, 2014, 12:45 pm

Sorry to hear you're having trouble. All services will switch to a new system with new apps and a new company on June 14. That should be the end of these kinds of problems.

WilliamGlanville
Favorite Magician: teller

Postby WilliamGlanville » June 23rd, 2014, 11:05 pm

Why have you offered a Genii app on the Amazon app page that simply DOES NOT WORK (06/23/14)..if I had an IPad I would go the APPLE store for something that works...but I have a Kindle using the silk browser...the app at the Amazon store DOES NOT WORK...I don't understand your business model.

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » June 23rd, 2014, 11:25 pm

I don't understand which app you are referring to.
The Android app or the Kindle Fire app?
Just telling me that it doesn't work is not helpful. Being specific about the problems is helpful. The company which is handling our digital edition reads this thread to find out what the existing problems are so they can fix them.

Return to “iGenii”