New York Coin Seminar 2

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Mike Rubinstein

New York Coin Seminar 2

Postby Mike Rubinstein » April 17th, 2005, 8:01 pm

Time: November 2004. Place: New York. Event: The New York Coin Magic Seminar. It was a day that attending coin magicians would never forget. Hours of lectures, demonstrations, and workshops, hands on training, unpublished material, free stuff, rare DVD footage of coin magicians of the past,and personal instruction by four of the most influential coin magicians of the past 30 years. It was supposed to be a once only event. Well, we were wrong. That's right, David Roth, Mike Rubinstein, Geoff Latta, and Mike Gallo have decided to go another round. So, on July 16th, 2005, at Marc DeSousa's Magic Theatre outside of Philadelphia, PA, those wild and crazy coin guys are proud to present.............:
THE NEW YORK COIN SEMINAR 2 . This seminar will run 6 hours, and will have the same ingredients that made the first seminar so successful. There will be demonstrations, lectures, unpublished material, free stuff, rare DVD footage of coin magicians of the past, and much hands on coin work with workshops and personal instruction from Roth, Rubinstein, Latta, and Gallo.
How much will this seminar cost? You get six hours of coin magic with all of the above, for $250. In order to give as much personal instruction as possible, this seminar will be limited in size. At this price, the seminar should fill up in no time, so be sure to sign up as soon as possible. Send all serious inquiries to Michael Rubinstein at rubinsteindvm@aol.com. Registration comes with receipt of your payment, and will close when the seats are filled. Hope to see you all in Pennsylvania this summer, Mike Rubinstein for Roth, Rubinstein, Latta, and Gallo.

Mike Rubinstein

Re: New York Coin Seminar 2

Postby Mike Rubinstein » April 29th, 2005, 7:49 pm

Coin magicians that don't browse other web sites may find additional information on our seminar by checking out the following link:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view ... forum=3&23

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions on our seminar, Michael Rubinstein

Mike Rubinstein

Postby Mike Rubinstein » May 21st, 2005, 6:02 am

Our Seminar has been filling steadily. In order to reserve a spot, however, you must send in your payment in full. Around the middle of June I will contact you in order to find out the topics, routines, and techniques that you would like to focus on at the Seminar. We will then tailor our seminar to meet the needs and desires of the group. There will be new, unpublished material released at this semiar as well, including some new Deep back clip techniques by David Roth! MY own secret Stuff notes, containing exclusive material will also be expanded for this second Seminar, and there will be some surprises from Gallo and Latta as well. Feel free to e mail me with any specific questions that you have, and be sure to follow the link in the last post to a forum with more information on this Seminar.

Mike Rubinstein

Postby Mike Rubinstein » June 7th, 2005, 9:10 pm

OK, we had to do it. It wasn't enough that at Seminar number one we had Gallo as our special guest. You wanted more. It wasn't enough that Gallo has now become a major contributer and partner in Seminar number two. You wanted more. So, for you, we had to do it. Just in case ROTH, LATTA, RUBINSTEIN, and GALLO weren't enough to whet your coin whistles, We kidnapped one of the top coin guys around today and made him a SPECIAL GUEST at our July 16th seminar at Marc's Magic Theatre outside of Philadelphia. That's SIX HOURS of intense coin magic with FIVE of the biggest innovators and teachers of coin magic around today. And who do you think this SPECIAL GUEST is? The answer to be revealed in the next FIVE Days!! You guys who have already signed up are in for a special treat. Those who are on the fence should get in line now! E mail me with all serious inquiries.

Steve V

Postby Steve V » June 7th, 2005, 10:49 pm

I demand that GALLO be put first when names are listed.
Steve V <--loves that Gallo
Steve V

George Olson

Postby George Olson » June 8th, 2005, 2:23 pm

I sure hope the Mystery Guest is Reed Mclintock!

That new routine of his is killer. Those of you who know saw him at FFFF this year. At Stan Kramien's Jamboree last month he had people "ga-ga" with it. He came over to the house and demoed it for Pete Biro and I. It was great.

Just a thought...
GO

Mike Rubinstein

Postby Mike Rubinstein » June 8th, 2005, 4:11 pm

Special Guest Hint number one...he appears on the COINvention DVD. Hint number two tomorrow! Remember, there is still room at the Seminar. Keep watching here for further updates!

Jeff Haas

Postby Jeff Haas » June 8th, 2005, 6:22 pm

It's not me.

Mike Rubinstein

Postby Mike Rubinstein » June 9th, 2005, 5:03 pm

On the Cafe they are about to figure it out, so what the heck....its Kainoa Harbottle, a great guy with excellent coin material. He has appeared on several DVD's that have been very popular recently (Curtis Kam, COINvention DVD, etc., and has developed some very interesting aplications of Edge Grip and Mutobe Palm. He will join Roth, Latta, Gallo, and myself for a day of INTENSIVE coin magic, and be an excellent addition to our Seminar! Looking forward to seeing you all there, Michael Rubinstein

Mike Rubinstein

Postby Mike Rubinstein » June 26th, 2005, 9:47 pm

Only about three weeks before our Seminar on July 16th, and there are still spaces open. I want to touch base with the participants as soon as possible, in order to get their input on what they would most like to go over. So, please e mail me if you have any interest in attending, so I can include you in this discussion. Thanks, Mike

Rene Clement

Postby Rene Clement » June 27th, 2005, 6:15 am

There will be demonstrations, lectures, unpublished material, free stuff, rare DVD footage of coin magicians of the past, and much hands on coin work with workshops and personal instruction from Roth, Rubinstein, Latta, and Gallo.
How much will this seminar cost? You get six hours of coin magic with all of the above, for $250.
Gee Mike, you're including "free stuff" ..all for $250.00 ? :D
Seriously, you are saying that the participants are getting notes of previously unpublished material and a DVD of rare footage of coin magic and more free stuff included in the registration fee? Terrific idea! Paul Daniels did something similar with his masterclass. He sent all participants a video cd of the filmed highlights of the tour.

Mike Rubinstein

Postby Mike Rubinstein » June 28th, 2005, 5:03 am

Hey Rene, the material we are giving out has a value of over $100. The rare footage on DVD of coin magicians of the past is not a giveaway, but something we show the attendees. There will be a DVD (maybe more?)in the giveaway package, of something(s) not available to the general public :) , in addition to a bunch of notes, including notes of unpublished material (the "Secret Stuff" set) that is currently not available to anyone else. The package, along with the opportunity to learn from Roth, Latta, Gallo, myself, and guest Kainoa Harbottle, makes this a great deal for anyone who has the desire to learn great coin magic, and have a fun day.

Mike Rubinstein

Postby Mike Rubinstein » July 4th, 2005, 5:35 am

Happy 4th of July! Our Seminar is on the 16th, and that's where the real fireworks start. Our group is almost full, but with only a few spots left there is still time to register! E mail me ASAP, as we are only about two weeks away. You saw how great the 2003 COINvention turned out if you got to see the DVD, and we will be having 6 of the participants at our Seminar! Sign up soon, this is an event you don't want to miss. I have contacted most of the attendees, those I did not speak with yet I will be calling Tues or Wednesday.

Postby Guest » July 11th, 2005, 2:49 pm

For those who are interested, I should probably tell everyone right now that I've decided to give up my backclip work at the seminar; an original recovery, an original switch (and a few other things) and several signature effects that I've only shared with a few people in the last thirty years. Things I've used as openers and closers and have never published. We have a couple of seats still open; write Mike if you're interested.

Best,

Geoff

Postby Guest » July 18th, 2005, 7:57 am

THE 2005 COIN SEMINAR REACHED FAR BEYOND MY EXPECTATIONS. MARC'S PLACE IS ABOUSOLUTLY MAGICAL ITSELF! ON THIS HOT SATURDAY IN JULY 4 LEGENDS AND A NEW MASTER TOOK US THERE. 1ST UP MIKE RUBINSTEIN (REMARKABLE)GREAT TEACHER. DAVID ROTH (DO I NEED TO SAY ANY MORE.) GEOFF LATTA (AMAZING). MIKE GALLO (INCREDABLE). KAINOA HARBOTTLE (CUTTING EDGE). FOR THOSE WHO MISSED IT. YOU MISSED IT! A SIX HOUR EVENT TURNED INTO ABOUT TEN AND THEN SOME. AND HEY RENE THAT FREE STUFF IS ABOUT ENOUGH TO KEEP ANY ONE BUSY FOR A YEAR ABOUT 10 SETS OF NOTES 3 DVD'S(2 OF MIKE R. AND 1 OF KIANOA'S STUFF) AND A VIDEO (FORM DAVID ROTH) PROBABLY WELL OVER 100.00 BUCKS! I WOULD LIKE TO THANK OUR MASTER OF CERIMONIES MARK,MIKE R.,DAVID ROTH,GEOFF,MIKE G. AND KIANOA FOR PROVIDING US WITH A UNFORGETTABLE LEARING EXPERIENCE. I ONLY WISH I COULD HAVE STAYED LONGER.

mrgoat

Postby mrgoat » July 18th, 2005, 11:13 am

On the left hand side of your keyboard, above the key marked 'Shift' is one called 'Caps Lock' if you press that now, it will turn off the locking of your machine to capital letters.

Online, writing only in capital letters is usually reserved to express the fact you are shouting.*

Hope that helps

Damian

*or an AOL user :p

Postby Guest » July 18th, 2005, 1:59 pm

Sorry I was kind of crunched for time and didn't realize. But thanks for the explaination of complex workings of a keyboard. Much appreciated.

mrgoat

Postby mrgoat » July 19th, 2005, 5:21 am

Originally posted by LJH:
Sorry I was kind of crunched for time and didn't realize. But thanks for the explaination of complex workings of a keyboard. Much appreciated.
:)

I do masterclasses privately via email

;)

Postby Guest » July 19th, 2005, 7:00 am

mrgoat I can see you probably have alot of time on your hands. Good luck with classes.

Postby Guest » July 19th, 2005, 7:13 am

For those interested, some more detail on this event has grown in a thread over HERE at the "other" board.

Mike Rubinstein

Postby Mike Rubinstein » August 9th, 2005, 4:33 pm

There is a review of our event and pictures on Dan Watkin's website. Be sure to check out www.coinvanish.com for a nice summary of a great magical day!

Return to “Buzz”