Fantastic New Cards available.....

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Tom Ladshaw

Fantastic New Cards available.....

Postby Tom Ladshaw » December 24th, 2003, 8:11 am

Don't know if this has already been mentioned elsewhere on the Forum. If it has...my apologies.
I think these are so hot that I wanted to share them with the Forum. Hope this is the right category...if not, the moderator should feel free to move it.
While finishing holiday shopping yesterday (Ok, I'll really finish today. Probably), I found a wonderful deck of cards called "Invisible Cards". They're designed by Pieter Woudt and manufactured by Kikkerland. They're made of *clear* PVC with only the pips and numbers visible. Bridge-sized only, but don't let that stop you. They handle quite well...not exactly like regular pasteboard, but certainly close enough (they'll fan, etc.). The possibilities and presentational ideas are already popping.
Check them out at www.kikkerland.com. They retail for about $5.00 per deck. I have no financial interest in the item, but did want to put the word out....I'm sure we'll see magical applications for these very soon...
I found mine locally at a "Linens & Things" outlet...no doubt they're available elsewhere (in addition to the website mentioned above).

Happy holidays to all!

Tom Ladshaw
New Orleans, LA

Re: Fantastic New Cards available.....

Postby Guest » December 24th, 2003, 10:11 am

Here's a different deck available I thought everyone might be interested in. They're made by the Umbra company and have a hole die cut through the entire pack. Other than the obvious linking effects, you may get inspired; the individual cards aren't that thick, but at $5 a pack, no big woop. Anyway, here's the link:

http://www.umbra.com/cgi-bin/umbra.stor ... 460350&2D1

Bill Mullins

Postby Bill Mullins » December 24th, 2003, 11:00 am

My wife got me a deck of the transparent cards for Christmas last year. I think they came from Bed Bath and Beyond.

Jim Riser

Postby Jim Riser » December 24th, 2003, 3:22 pm

I ordered a couple dozen of these invisible card decks to modify (trim) for friends. They make great stripper decks! Also, doing the double lift with them is very convincing as the cards are thin and transparent - easy to handle. These are difinitely worth getting - if only for the uniqueness of the deck.
Jim

Charlie Chang

Postby Charlie Chang » December 24th, 2003, 4:26 pm

You can also find these cards at Kohl's and Urban Outfitters.

Jeff Eline

Postby Jeff Eline » December 24th, 2003, 5:19 pm

I also saw them at Bed Bath & Beyond by the cash registers with all the other impulse purchase products.

themaestro

Postby themaestro » December 25th, 2003, 7:41 am

Funny. I just got a deck of the Invisible Cards last night as a present. And I came on this morning to post about them.

Have a blessed Christmas.

Nowlin Craver
co-author "The Secret Art of Magic"
http:///www.secretartofmagic.com

Jeremy Greystoke

Postby Jeremy Greystoke » January 1st, 2004, 9:33 am

And they've been a staple for awhile at our local Books-A-Million bookstore, though I think their price might be a bit more than what's been mentioned on the board. Have to pop back over and check the price...and pick up a few decks as well. :)

George Olson

Postby George Olson » January 1st, 2004, 12:22 pm

At our local BBB they're right next to the long thin cards our leader mentioned some time ago.

GO

Postby Guest » January 1st, 2004, 4:28 pm

I've also seen the transparent decks at Spencer's Gifts.

Scott Fridinger

Postby Scott Fridinger » January 1st, 2004, 4:32 pm

I got some at Books a Million and yes, they are about $2 more there then what I have seen at Bed Bath and Body. They are very slick, and more of a Bridge size, they work well when doing the pass, but unfortunately culls do not work.
I will have to try a second deal with it.

Scott

Return to “Buzz”