Mind Games, The World of Who?

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
MaxNY
Favorite Magician: Jeff McBride

Mind Games, The World of Who?

Postby MaxNY » April 26th, 2005, 5:02 am

The Learning Channel will be airing a new show featuring Alain Nu, called "Mind Games: World of Alain Nu". There was an airing last night, but they will be repeated in the next couple of days. TLC will wrap around these new shows with old Blaine repeats.
---I have seen Nu lecture, and was very impressed, but why wouldn't he use his own show title? Isn't there an unwritten rule that says you shouldn't use another Mentalist's/Magician's catch phrase/show title in the same decade? Marc Salem's Off-Broadway show "Mind Games" was huge!!! It was probably some Producer's call, and Nu couldn't do anything about it. Does the temptation to get on cable mean you have to sacrifice artistic control?
---A spade is a spade (except in India, where its call it a "brick")... Magicians suck.

Jim Maloney_dup1

Re: Mind Games, The World of Who?

Postby Jim Maloney_dup1 » April 26th, 2005, 6:39 am

Aside from the Tvmagicguide.com website, I haven't seen the title "Mind Games" used in connection with Alain's series. TLC's website has it listed as "The Mysterious World of Alain Nu", and that's how it appears in any TV listings I've seen.

-Jim

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » April 26th, 2005, 6:47 am

Max Maven put out a video that "read your mind" called Mind Games back in the early 1980s--so long ago that my copy was on Beta!
I've been told, however, that the title was actually used by Marc Salem in the 1970s.
If someone does not trademark or register a title, then others legally can use it. I don't even know if the phrase "Mind Games" could be protected (though "MindGames" could).
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Joe Z

Postby Joe Z » April 26th, 2005, 7:20 am

The title "Mind Games" was not Alain Nu's idea and he had to work on the producer for a long time to get the title changed.

Joe Z.

Return to “Buzz”