Harry Anderson

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.

Harry Anderson

Postby Guest » July 12th, 2005, 12:38 pm

Just returned from New Orleans where I caught Harry Anderson's, "Wiseguy." It was a rough night for Harry as he had to ask a table to leave for very poor behavior, but he did a superb job of working that out, only to have a live bat invade the show...this is an excellent venue for such a master. The magic is Harry's ability to make you think you're the only one in the room. If your anywhere close to the Big Easy I would not miss a chance to catch a real Master at work. The Genii article was a great preamble to the show.

Tabman

Re: Harry Anderson

Postby Tabman » July 12th, 2005, 1:32 pm

Jim, welcome home!!! You're one of the four best presidents ever of the IBM. Good to hear from you on Harry's show in NO. I'm alreddy making plans for the IBM/SAM convention down there next summer. How about you???

your old pal,

-=tabman

Jerry Harrell

Postby Jerry Harrell » July 12th, 2005, 1:42 pm

hello Tabman,

I am confused. Twice now in your postings you have referred to the combined IBM/SAM convention as taking place next summer. But the chief Genii's post about that said the combined convention is set for 2008. Have I stepped into a time warp? :confused:

Tabman

Postby Tabman » July 12th, 2005, 3:29 pm

2008??!? Now you tell me. I was getting excited thinking about it. Talk about putting the mule behind the wagon. :rolleyes:

Thanks for setting me straight. I already called the hotel to make reservations too.

Does anyone know where the IBM is next year???

-=tabman

Michael Dustman

Postby Michael Dustman » July 12th, 2005, 3:41 pm

IBM in Miami next year.

Postby Guest » July 12th, 2005, 3:45 pm

I don't care about that, all I know is I have reservations next week in Reno and can't wait for the IBM convention!
Steve V

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » July 12th, 2005, 3:54 pm

Dates. Fun.

When I was running the press department for the Long Beach Grand Prix (auto race through the streets) one of the media types (actually a guy nobody liked) showed up TWO WEEKS EARLY.

He was more than miffed as he was a part time guy and took vacation from work and flew from Montreal to Long Beach, Calif.

I asked him why he hadn't checked the date. He said he saw the date on a calendar (one that was printed like two years in advance).

So... it is always good to double check.
Stay tooned.

Bill Wells

Postby Bill Wells » July 12th, 2005, 5:16 pm

Tabby -

Who are the other three?

Willyum
Bill Wells

Postby Guest » July 12th, 2005, 5:49 pm

Tabby,

Many thanks for your kind words....it's been too long and I had a GREAT crew working the IBM Conventions. I had the best talent guy in the world....the Biroman. The best mentor Bill Wells. I was too young to remember him as the Presidetn of the IBM.

Again thanks for the kind words, I was working at the Optimist International Convention in New Orleans and Bob Bloenk and I went to se Harry and his Magic shop Side show.

Do you still make magic wands?

Jim

Tabman

Postby Tabman » July 12th, 2005, 6:57 pm

Michael - Miami!! Got it, thanks much. That's close enough to south Georgia to drive down.

Originally posted by Bill Wells: Tabby - Who are the other three? Willyum
I can remember three of the four, or is it five??? Lessee; it was Bill Wells, Jim Nagel, Obie Obrien and one or two others!!! I don't remember Pete Biro ever being president or he would be on the list too!!! That was some fun too.

And Ex-pres Jim asks, "Do you still make magic wands?"

Deed I do. I make one or two most every day. Are you ready for a new one. Has your mailing address changed in the last 15 years???

-=tabman

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » July 12th, 2005, 10:02 pm

Nagel.... you won't believe this but some mail incoming was misplaced and just yesterday I read your Christmas Card!

Yah, what a TEAM we had... the best for 11 years until those fools, led by Klosterman and that fool, Hostetler, that runs the Columbus Magi Fester... screwed things all up.

Now they are a ship without a captain or a rudder.

I still talk about the night we went to see Leno at Caesars Palace!

We need a reunion dinner, You, Wells, Spooner, Stratman, Tabby and Moi at Vegas during the next WMS.
Stay tooned.

Bill Wells

Postby Bill Wells » July 13th, 2005, 8:00 am

Tabby -

Thanks for the compliment, but

As the "young" Nagel points out for himself ...

...even you are probably too young to remember when I was President. El Biro is probably the only one who goes back that far. It was a l-o-n-g timie ago... but it was after the end of the War Between the States.
Bill Wells

Tabman

Postby Tabman » July 13th, 2005, 9:49 am

Bill, you're probably right. I thought you were president the first year I was on the committee. Since I am only 59, you old guys are right. Anyway I do hold you in high esteem. You always treated me with respect and thats what it's all about as far as I'm concerned.

-=tabman

Postby Guest » July 13th, 2005, 11:46 am

The great Dr. Wells, as usual is a humble servant of the IBM....he is, as he points out much older than me, but he did champion a lot of innovation that others did take pleasure in killing. I'm still waiting for Magic Magazine to unveil the new IBM.

Postby Guest » July 13th, 2005, 11:49 am

Biro, are you sure that is this year's Christmas card?

Return to “Buzz”