Blue Man Group

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Randy

Blue Man Group

Postby Randy » August 17th, 2005, 10:23 am

The family is considering seeing this show in Las Vegas and, being into magic and being very familiar with ALL the magic shows in Vegas, they came to me for my opinion about the Blue Man Group. I have no idea of what they can expect or if it is worth the time or $$. Can somebody give me an idea of what to expect with this show and how you liked/disliked it? Thanks.

Brian Marks

Re: Blue Man Group

Postby Brian Marks » August 17th, 2005, 10:44 am

Randy, This show is awesome. This started as on Off-Broaway show in NY. Go see it! Its perfectly fine for the whole family. Its a hard show to describe though as its highly unusual. I last saw it in 1998 in NY

Brian Morton

Postby Brian Morton » August 17th, 2005, 10:48 am

Saw in it NYC as well -- take the whole family and enjoy the heck out of it! Worth every cent!

brian :cool:

Brad Henderson

Postby Brad Henderson » August 17th, 2005, 10:56 am

Saw the show in Vegas. Loved it. Saw it again.

Brad

Postby Guest » August 17th, 2005, 10:58 am

What to expect?
I took my in-laws to see it but I didn't know that they wanted to see the pretty dancing girls, handsome dancing men, lights, music, y'know? Your "typical" Vegas show...that's what they were expecting.
Instead...Blue Man Group is more cerebral. The show we saw used great subtle humor, lots of visual effect involving the English language, primary colors, and hilarious audience involvement, and drums...lots of drums. While my in-laws walked out scratching their heads, I was both highly entertained and challenged to think about the potentially deeper aspects of the show's content.

If your group likes this type of cerebral show, then BMG is the best there is. If you're more interested in the "Vegas" show, then I suggest the others. There are plenty from which to choose.

Hope that helps.

Randy

Postby Randy » August 17th, 2005, 11:09 am

Thanks for the input everyone. Sounds like a great show and a good choice. Thanks again.

Brian Marks

Postby Brian Marks » August 17th, 2005, 1:27 pm

its performance art at its best.

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » August 17th, 2005, 9:09 pm

You want to see performance art AT ITS BEST... run, don't walk to San Francisco and see Teatro Zinzanni, with one of the great comedy minds in magic... VERONIN... as one of the main players in the dinner show (lasts over three hours) and has a Cirque Soliel feel, but is right in your face and HILARIOUS.
Stay tooned.

Frank Starsinic

Postby Frank Starsinic » August 17th, 2005, 11:32 pm

Thanks for the tip Pete.
I'm putting on my sneakers.

Frank

Postby Guest » August 18th, 2005, 11:20 am

SEE BLUE MAN GROUP!!!! If your family doesn't like it... they are wrong.

David Alexander

Postby David Alexander » August 19th, 2005, 12:12 pm

One of my wife's clients is an executive at the hotel, so when we were in Vegas for Collectors we were comped for the Blue Man Group. It was a lot of fun, but I would STRONGLY, and I mean STRONGLY !! suggest you pick up a pair of ear plugs on the way in. They're in large urns in the foyer of the theater.

You'll be sorry if you don't.

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » August 19th, 2005, 3:32 pm

WHAT? WHAT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU! :)
Stay tooned.

Brian Marks

Postby Brian Marks » August 27th, 2005, 7:10 pm

Originally posted by Pete Biro:
You want to see performance art AT ITS BEST... run, don't walk to San Francisco and see Teatro Zinzanni, with one of the great comedy minds in magic... VERONIN... as one of the main players in the dinner show (lasts over three hours) and has a Cirque Soliel feel, but is right in your face and HILARIOUS.
Being in in NY, Id rather fly

Return to “Buzz”