Mondo Magic #3

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Arnie Fuoco

Mondo Magic #3

Postby Arnie Fuoco » November 2nd, 2004, 9:30 am

The boys were in Vancouver lst night and for me this was the best of the three shows so far. They did away with the guest magician at the end. Korn and Benn were much more relaxed than in previous shows and played a little more to the audience--for me every efect worked perfectly.I am really enjoying this series. Only concern I have is with one effect that has the name of a chosen card (called out) appearing on flash paper between two coins. This gives the impression that, like the Blaine shows, it is moving in the direction of a producer's show where there has been some advance ground work with one of the spectators. Or maybe they are really that good.
Arnie Fuoco

Re: Mondo Magic #3

Postby Guest » November 2nd, 2004, 10:49 am

They are that good.

Postby Guest » November 2nd, 2004, 11:37 am

Best of the 4 shows, Vancouver was the 4th show. It was New Orleans, Boston, Washinton D.C., Vancouver, Vegas, and then Chicago.

Postby Guest » November 2nd, 2004, 2:48 pm

I have to agree it was the best of the three shows, performance wise. Enjoyed it.
Steve V

Postby Guest » November 2nd, 2004, 2:55 pm

Good job, Korn and Benn. I've been enjoying the series and am looking forward to the Chicago episode to see where you visited. You should have let me know you were coming, I'd have baked a cake.

George Olson

Postby George Olson » November 2nd, 2004, 7:43 pm

Tuned in last night and ended up with the Gotti family!!??

Similar thing last week!!!

What's up with A&E?

GO

Steve V

Postby Steve V » November 2nd, 2004, 9:15 pm

If you are hooked up with COMCAST they were all messed up by the time change. First they programed the time change a week early and then adjusted it but that caused their program listings to be off by an hour. I had the same problem but when I saw those gawd awful vermin the Gottis were listed at 10 but on at 9 I figured they were out of whack still.
Steve V
Steve V

Jim Maloney_dup1

Postby Jim Maloney_dup1 » November 3rd, 2004, 6:40 am

Comcast on the East Coast was fine, at least where I am.

The goldfish storyline, while not the most impressive magical effect, was a great hook and provided some good humor.

I'm not sure that J.B. Benn has the right personality to pull off a serious/mystical effect like the Gyspy Monte he performed.

I will agree that the show seems to be improving, though. Here's hoping it continues that way.

-Jim

George Olson

Postby George Olson » November 3rd, 2004, 9:59 am

Thanks Steve!

I thought it was me! My Luber Fielder (sp) was still on the old time next to the screen which caused further angst.

I put in an old Larry Jennings tape, and all was well with the world again...

GO

Postby Guest » November 3rd, 2004, 11:33 am

I might have been the only one, but I feel this was the worst of the 3 shows.

I feel JB Benn's performance skills lack. However, Chris Korn is a skilled performer and one that I respect immensley.

Does the good cancel out the bad? Who knows.

Return to “Buzz”