Shoot Ogawa & Apollo Lecture tour

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.

Shoot Ogawa & Apollo Lecture tour

Postby Guest » May 17th, 2003, 7:34 am

Good news!

Apollo and Shoot Ogawa will be doing a fantastic two man lecture tour this summer.
Here is a list of the dates that are currently booked.

June 2nd - Lecture-Ring 165-Collingswood, NJ
June 3rd - Mark DeSouza's house (near Philadelphia)
June 4th - Lecture- Linden, NJ
June 5th - Lecture -Long Island, NY
June 6th - Lecture -State College, PA
June 7th - Lecture and Workshop- Denny & Lee's Magic Shop in Baltimore, MD.
June 10th - Lecture - Wallingford, CT

More dates will follow for the west coast.

I'm proud to announce that I've produced a companion DVD for their tour. It's titled "Cultural Xchange." The theme of the DVD is based on the problem of what do you do when it's just too loud to be heard.

Apollo and Shoot provide you with 14 extremely visual, cutting edge solutions.

I've seen a lot of magic in my time...these items are as visual as they come. Each routine is performed to loud music, so you will see exactly how they play in the real world. Visitors to my studio that have seen the master have been blown away.

The DVD will only be available at their lectures until July 1, when I will release it exclusively on my web site. This DVD will never be sold in stores or other internets sites.

Details of this DVD will appear on my site in late June.

Their lecture is a "must see." "Cultural Xchange" is a major part of the lecture, but Shoot and Apollo will share much more information.

They are the masters of the Las Vegas party scene. Their insights into what plays, how to use body motions, how to control your spectators etc. will provide everyone who is lucky enough to attend their lecture with valuable information that is just not out there.

I'd also like to extend my congratulations to Shoot for winning the prestigious Magic Castle's Close Up Magician of the Year award.

So do whatever it takes to see this lecture...run, fly, or hitch-hike. Dont' miss it.

Danny Archer

Re: Shoot Ogawa & Apollo Lecture tour

Postby Danny Archer » May 17th, 2003, 11:27 am

Thanks Bob for letting us know about this great tandem lecture ... I have seen both of these incredible men lecture and I give them my highest reccomendation ... It should be one of the don't miss lectures of the year!

And if you do miss them, you can see Shoot & Apollo lecture and perform in September at the close-up event of the year : LVMI/COINvention

lvmi.net
Producer of MINDvention
mentalism convention

Postby Guest » May 17th, 2003, 4:19 pm

Danny-

Any chance of these two coming to the Chicago area? I saw Shoot perform and was blown away and saw Apollo lecture a couple years ago...both are great.

Thanks-
Dave

Bill Mullins

Postby Bill Mullins » May 18th, 2003, 10:19 pm

Send 'em down here to Huntsville; we'll book them.

Postby Guest » May 19th, 2003, 7:56 am

Originally posted by Dave Stegall:
Danny-

Any chance of these two coming to the Chicago area? I saw Shoot perform and was blown away and saw Apollo lecture a couple years ago...both are great.

Thanks-
Dave
I second the motion. I recently met Shoot Ogawa in Las Vegas when I appeared at the Actuaries' convention there. He was one of the Midnight Magic events and we hit it off right away.

I have only one thing to say to anyone considering seeing him - if you have to SELL A RELATIVE TO PAY FOR IT!

I have NEVER seen coin work like his in my life - and I am something of a coin guy in my humble way.

Get this man to Chicago.

Lee Darrow, C.Ht.
http://www.leedarrow.com

Postby Guest » May 19th, 2003, 10:53 am

Ditto on quality and impact of performance!

Ditto on just being a great and helpful human being (met him last summer at McBride's magic school)!

Ditto on Chicago!!!

:whack:

Postby Guest » May 19th, 2003, 11:31 am

I don't know....weather in Chicago is icky. I think they should lecture in the Silicon Valley (not SF).
Steve V

Ed Oschmann

Postby Ed Oschmann » May 19th, 2003, 11:51 am

E-mail us here in West Palm Beach. We'll pull a boatload of people here!

Postby Guest » May 19th, 2003, 4:52 pm

Many folks have e-mailed me concerning information about Shoot and Apollo's tour. I don't have info. concerning times and locations.

Your best bet is to e-mail Apollo at:
apollo@kleptomagic.com

If you would like them to lecture in your area, contact Apollo.

Postby Guest » May 19th, 2003, 6:20 pm

I agree with Bob about how important it is to experience Shoot Ogawa. We had the pleasure of having Mr. Ogawa at the Minnesota Magic convention last June and he was one of the highlights and certainly the big surprise of the whole event. He was an alternate when one of our scheduled lecturers had to cancel at the last minute. We had no idea of what we were getting and we were very very pleased. He is not to be missed.

Postby Guest » May 20th, 2003, 1:47 pm

Shoot and Apollo will be at my shop, Magic, Music & More on June 6th. We're in State College, PA. Home of Penn State University.

We're located in the exact center of the state, along I-80, so we're pretty accessible.

You can reach us at 814-237-7740 to find out more. Hope to see you there!

Ben S.

Postby Guest » June 7th, 2003, 5:19 am

I just booked them for Los Angeles

Where: Magicopolis, 1418 4th Street, Santa Monica
When: Monday, June 23, 2003. 8:00 pm
How much: $25

Seating is limited to 35, so pay ahead to guarentee a seat, or take your chances at the door. You can check http://www.magicopolis.com for directions, but tickets are not available through Magicopolis, as this is a private event. You must email me at magicnabil@yahoo.com if you wish to reserve a seat.

Postby Guest » June 7th, 2003, 7:36 pm

The Dynamite Dou lectued here last night and the crowd was floored. Shoot and Apollo are really personable, really talented, and really great teachers.

They trade off performing and teaching and then tag team on the explanations, moving throught the audience. We had about 30 people attending yet none had a bad seat!

And the magic was just unbelievable! So visual, so clever, so COMMERCIAL!

Get to their lecture any way you can.

Ben S.
Magic, Music & More
State College, PA

Return to “Buzz”