Magic in Italy

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.

Magic in Italy

Postby Guest » June 5th, 2003, 9:54 am

I'm leaving this Saturday for a trip to Italy. I'll be in Milan, Rome, Venice, and Florence for sure, and perhaps some other places if there's time. I've never been so if anyone could point me toward anything magic-related in the country - shops, shows, etc. - I'd seriously appreciate it.
Thanks in advance...
Farina

Alain Roy

Re: Magic in Italy

Postby Alain Roy » June 5th, 2003, 12:17 pm

I don't know what is already in Italy, but I'm going there on Saturday as well. While my goal is to see the magic that is Italy, I'm sure I'll have some spare time to see conjuring related things, since I will be there for so long.

I'll spend four weeks in Bologna. I'm open to suggestions for magic in the area.

-alain, looking forward to the "magic" of hand-made pasta

Edwin Corrie

Postby Edwin Corrie » June 5th, 2003, 11:30 pm

I just saw your posting and am not sure if this will be in time for you, but if you're in Milan there's a good magic shop run by Malaysian magician Shaun Yee:

Shaun Yee
Via Fezzan 3,
20146 Milano,
Italy
Tel: & Fax: 0039 02 4895 5475
http://www.shaunyee.com/homepage.htm

The website is in both Italian and English.
He has a great selection of books (though you will probably find the American ones a bit expensive) and all sorts of magic, including European items and stuff of his own that he makes himself. The shop is a bit out of the way, but Shaun and his wife are very friendly.

I found a small magic shop in Rome years ago, very close to the Pantheon - not sure of the exact address.

There are a couple of other Italian magic shops listed at http://guide.supereva.it/cgi-bin/sendur ... amfaq5.htm

Buon viaggio!!

Alain Roy

Postby Alain Roy » June 6th, 2003, 5:51 am

Grazie, Edwin!

Alessandro S.

Postby Alessandro S. » June 6th, 2003, 6:52 am

Hello,
I live in Rome and I'll be happy to show you around if I can (time and soon-to-be-born child permitting), my email address is ascottix@netscape.net.
There is a good shop in the center named "Eclectica" but I don't remember the address right now, I'll try to look it up when I'm back home this evening.
In Bologna there is a very good magic club that held a great convention last month (L. Green, C. Vaquera, Flip) and they may have something up. The site is www.illusionisti.it and although it is in Italian I think you cannot miss the contact email address there...

Alessandro S.

Postby Alessandro S. » June 6th, 2003, 7:00 am

Originally posted by Alain Roy:
I'll spend four weeks in Bologna. I'm open to suggestions for magic in the area.
Alain, see my previous message for some info, however do not forget to plan a weekend trip to Rome too... I mean Bologna is nice, but Rome! :) (In fact you are also very close to Florence and not too far from Venice, which are both wonderful places).

Postby Guest » June 6th, 2003, 8:55 am

Hey thanks everyone for responding. I really appreciate it.
Farina

Return to “Buzz”