The Illusionist

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.

The Illusionist

Postby Guest » August 18th, 2006, 8:17 am

Today's New York Post gives it 4 stars, but dummy Lou Lumenick captioned the photograph "Ed Norton (right) plays a musician who becomes entangled with..." I haven't seen the movie yet, but this is a simple case of "musician, magician",,,yes? Lou also said to go and see this on the big screen, don't wait for the DVD.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: The Illusionist

Postby Richard Kaufman » August 18th, 2006, 10:21 am

The captions are usually not written by the author of the piece, but by someone else on the staff.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Postby Guest » August 26th, 2006, 7:47 pm

I just got back from the 7:20 show in Westchester NY.

The audience was quiet for the movie and applauded at the end.

Bravo!

Postby Guest » August 26th, 2006, 10:45 pm

We saw it tonight too, thought it was terrific! A gushy romance for us 2 mushballs, a riveting mystery, and a magical plot. Great combo.

Postby Guest » August 27th, 2006, 6:18 am

Last night must have been the night to go out and see it. My wife and I took another couple to see it (a rare night out on the town without kids). Everyone enjoyed it. The acting, in my opinion, was excellent.

The first preview was for The Prestige and one of the couple we took leaned over and asked if we'll be inviting them out to see that one too.

Postby Guest » September 1st, 2006, 1:10 pm

Posted earlier in wrong thread?

The Illusionist was named by goodmorning america as best date movie for the end of the summer and one of the best 10 movies for the whole year

Postby Guest » September 1st, 2006, 8:09 pm

Just enjoyed the movie very much! I hope now that is having a wider release everyone will get to see it.

Postby Guest » September 1st, 2006, 10:01 pm

I saw The Illusionst tonight and thought it was great. It will do magic good if we all support movies like this.

Tony Brent
Orlando, Florida

Terry

Postby Terry » September 3rd, 2006, 5:46 am

The Mrs. and I saw it yesterday afternoon and enjoyed it very much.

Definitely plan on purchasing the DVD when it is issued.

Postby Guest » September 5th, 2006, 7:32 am

Great love story. What's up with the Chinese security? The revalation at the end was perfect. Gotta dig the Orange Tree, and the locket.

Steve Snediker

Postby Steve Snediker » September 5th, 2006, 8:10 pm

Just saw it and loved the art direction on this piece. The film looked almost hand-tinted.

A friend saw it at Sundance and it finally made it to a dumpy theater in NW Arkansas. I will see it again, hopefully in a better venue.

Norton was good. Giamatti was excellent. Definitely would like to explore the behind the scenes work on this one, so hopefully the DVD release will deliver. Someone mentioned Director's Cut -- For real?

For the wonder of it all...

Steve Snediker

Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Postby Dustin Stinett » September 5th, 2006, 9:07 pm

Hmmmm: We got us two threads on this subject. Im going to lock this one and direct everyone to THIS THREAD where I will also put a link to these comments. If you want to reply specifically to a post in this thread, be sure to point that out in your reply in the other thread!

Thanks!
Dustin

Return to “Buzz”