Friedman's hits HBO,& other goodies

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
MaxNY
Favorite Magician: Jeff McBride

Friedman's hits HBO,& other goodies

Postby MaxNY » July 8th, 2004, 7:37 pm

For those of you lost in a sand-trap, Capturing The Friedmans started to air tonight on HBO.
---Even more fun is Director' Jarecki's short "Just a Clown" (HBO Friday night at 7:30).This is the short film Jarecki was making before Silly Fool's Gold fell into his lap. You will see normal housewives discussing sexual affairs with a party clown.

Gary Freed

Re: Friedman's hits HBO,& other goodies

Postby Gary Freed » July 9th, 2004, 7:26 am

Not that this has anything to do with anything, but Mr. Friedman was the audio-visual guy (remember those) at Bayside High School when I was there in the early 70s.

I've been upstate for over 25 years and missed the story the first time around.

Glenn Farrington

Re: Friedman's hits HBO,& other goodies

Postby Glenn Farrington » July 9th, 2004, 2:56 pm

I refuse to watch this documentary and I urge other magicians to do the same. David's life has been made so unnecessarily complicated due to this film being madea film by the way he never wanted produced and went to great pains to try and keep it from being made.

Watching this film just feeds the wrong type of people who should never be allowed to produce anything. And this comes from a TV and film producer. At the end of the day, ethics should always win out. Its a shame these days my statement is not realistic and this film and the man behind it proves that.

HBO is not at fault here...they buy controversial products for their demo. They did not fund it. I fault the man who directed and produced it. Whenever someone intentionally produces something that can have an adverse or detrimental effect on anyones life...especially knowing ahead of time that it would...should be ashamed of themselves.

Unfortunately people like this have a low moral code and probably dont care one way or the other. Money and power are the only things that speak to these people. I believe what goes around comes around., so some day the tables will turn on this person but Im sure that doesnt help lesen the pain of the people he hurt.

AgainI refuse to watch it. And I humbly ask all of you to do the same. Imagine if someone did this to your life. David has gone through this terrible time of his life once already. I know curiosity is a strong demon...but I ask all of you to hold it at bay. Will it make a difference a small group of magicians boycotting the film by not watching it...probably not. But it will make one important difference...You get to sleep at night with a clear conscious. Every once and a while the good guys need to win.
Comedy's Easy...Dying Sucks.

Return to “Buzz”