Magic Castle members

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
chris morrison
Favorite Magician: Jay Marshall

Magic Castle members

Postby chris morrison » January 11th, 2002, 6:23 pm

This message is aimed at current members of the Academy Of Magical Arts/Magic Castle.

A couple years back, I created a free, email/web based forum called "CastleFolks". This forum is a private, independent project which is open to ALL current Castle members. I created the forum to provide Castle members the opportunity to discuss Castle matters with their fellow members.

As you well know, we are in the middle of an election. Many of the candidates (including incumbents) are members of the CastleFolks forum. Earlier this week I created a web-based "straw poll" on the CastleFolks home page. Members can login to the web site and anonymously reproduce their vote allowing us to watch a running tally of how this election COULD turn out.

If you are a current AMA/Magic Castle member and would like to join this free forum (and hopefully cast your vote in our poll), please sign up by clicking on the following link...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CastleFolks/

I hope to see you soon! Thanks.

Chris Morrison
Morrison
Mind-Reading Musicologist
http://www.MorrisonMindMusic.com
He Hears the Music in Your Head!

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: Magic Castle members

Postby Richard Kaufman » January 11th, 2002, 9:36 pm

I think who wins the election, or even who's allowed to run, very much depends upon how Tony Giorgio's lawsuit turns out. Is the trial now on? It was supposed to have finally begun on Wednesday.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Steve Bryant
Favorite Magician: Ballantine

Postby Steve Bryant » January 12th, 2002, 6:05 am

Chris,

I tried for over an hour to penetrate (sign up for) that Yahoo group and just never made it. This was a few weeks ago. A very difficult site.

Postby Guest » January 12th, 2002, 4:08 pm

Well, since this is Gossips and Rumors...

Could someone elaborate on how the whole Tony Giorgio's lawsuit evolved? I read Tony's articles in his web site but that's just one side of the story.

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » January 12th, 2002, 4:53 pm

Chris: I tried for an hour to get onto Yahoo and they kept kicking me off when I put in their number... darn...
Stay tooned.

Steve Hook

Postby Steve Hook » January 14th, 2002, 3:47 pm

Chris:

I'm sending you some documentation on an alternate method of joining Yahoo! Groups. It can be a cantankerous and unintuitive process. We had the same problems when we started our group at work.

Steve H

[ January 25, 2002: Message edited by: Steve Hook ]

chris morrison

Postby chris morrison » January 15th, 2002, 11:47 am

Steve H.,

Got 'em. Thanks for the tips!
---

Pete,

Please check your personal email (once you get back from Vegas, I'm guessin') for a direct invite to CastleFolks.

cm
Morrison

Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Postby Dustin Stinett » January 15th, 2002, 7:08 pm

Chris,

After we met at Max's, I tried to get in, but couldn't. I didn't try again because I figured I'd always have GeMiNi. Now I'd like to join your group, so could you please send me the updated info?

Thanks!
Dustin

dustin13@home.com

Steve Bryant
Favorite Magician: Ballantine

Postby Steve Bryant » January 15th, 2002, 7:13 pm

Dustin,

I finally got past the Yahoo wall today, but it took a lot of trying and finally dumb luck. They claim to send you a number you need, but don't, just a way to keep getting deeper into their questions. Amazingly, they ask your profession at one point from a drop down list, then insist on your giving it again later, but with a different drop down list. Your anwsers are by forcibly inconsistent. Yahoo is a good word for this outfit.

Postby Guest » January 17th, 2002, 11:12 pm

Magic Castle Members-

I hope this doesn't read the wrong way, please understand I don't mean to be intrusive. (great way to start a post hey?) The first weekend in FEB I will be in the Hollywood area and would love to visit the magic castle. After visiting the website I understand you can only go if you are a member or have a guest pass from a member. My question is, would any current member be willing to leave a guest pass at the front desk for me that weekend? I am not sure how many guest passes a member receives, but if the number isn't that high, I completly understand. I don't want to put anyone out, or inconvience anyone. If anyone can help feel free to email me privately to work out the details. Thanks in advance!

Dave Stegall

chris morrison

Postby chris morrison » January 25th, 2002, 3:02 pm

Dave,

I would imagine you've already received a private response or two. But just in case, it's my understanding that all out-of-town I.B.M or S.A.M. members are always welcome to visit the Castle while in Los Angeles. Be sure to call the club in advance to reserve your dinner table. The main phone # is 323.851.3313. And don't forget to pack your I.B.M. or S.A.M. card!

The performers scheduled for the first weekend in Feb include Paul Green, Rafael Benatar, Lee Bayless, Howard Jay, Bruce Gold, Eric Buss and Tyler Knight.

Enjoy.

cm
Morrison

Postby Guest » January 26th, 2002, 4:00 pm

Originally posted by jackieh:
Well, since this is Gossips and Rumors...

Could someone elaborate on how the whole Tony Giorgio's lawsuit evolved? I read Tony's articles in his web site but that's just one side of the story.

What is the address of Tony Giorgio's website? I've tried to search for it with no luck...Have always enjoyed his column in Genii.

Terry

Postby Terry » January 27th, 2002, 5:32 am

What is the address of Tony Giorgio's website? I've tried to search for it with no
luck...Have always enjoyed his column in Genii.

Try:
http://www.tonygiorgio.addr.com

Bill Duncan

Postby Bill Duncan » January 27th, 2002, 10:57 am

Return to “Buzz”