Ebay...Paul Fox and Busby Again?

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Terry_Holley

Re: Ebay...Paul Fox and Busby Again?

Postby Terry_Holley » October 5th, 2004, 7:02 pm

My Paul Fox Miracle Gimmick just sold on eBay without a peep from Jeff Busby. This is the very same item he shut down on me about 2 years ago!

I'm not sure what to think now. This thread started because he shut one Miracle Gimmick down just a few weeks ago. He had seven days to make an appearance in regard to mine, but never did!

Go figure!

Terry

Robert Allen

Postby Robert Allen » October 5th, 2004, 7:09 pm

Maybe he's dieing again.

Postby Guest » October 22nd, 2004, 1:59 pm

Actually, any information publisher (Including magical ones) can keep their product from being copied, ripped off and more...

You can, if you like, even keep originals off eBay without eBay's VERO program.

I spill some of the details in a free course at:

www.informationproductprotection.com

Richard Hatch

Postby Richard Hatch » October 22nd, 2004, 8:14 pm

Originally posted by Phil Alexander:

You can, if you like, even keep originals off eBay without eBay's VERO program
Do we really need a course teaching us how to alienate customers?

Postby Guest » October 31st, 2004, 12:30 pm

Hey Richard... While I agree 100% that eliminating auctions from eBay, especially if they were sold without any conditions of re-sale is a fast way to annoy customers, I know quite a few infomation marketers, and, in a few cases, magical dealers who are distraught over the rampant duplication of copywritten content, or even, books and video's being sold separate from the article itself.

That's what the course is for.

-Phil

Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Postby Dustin Stinett » October 31st, 2004, 1:39 pm

Mr. Alexander,

I dont think any ethical and thinking person has an issue with a copyright holder wanting to stop the illegal pirating and selling of that pirated product. The problem is that your advertisement infers that a publisher of a book, for example, can prevent its resale by the original buyer to a third party (whether it is via eBay or to a used bookseller). I quote the very first bullet on your web site: eBay is a great place for pirates and even legitimate customers to re-sell your product. How to stop that, RIGHT NOW. Yes, that includes CDs and DVDs too! (Bold, italicized emphasis mine.) Even if this is possible, is it wise? Why would anyone purchase another book from, say, Joe Blow & Company Press if Joe Blow prevented the resale of the book (or video, DVD, etc.)? While I cannot speak for Richard, Im fairly sure that this was the direction of his post.

Dustin

Chris Aguilar

Postby Chris Aguilar » October 31st, 2004, 2:50 pm

Phil Alexander wrote:

How to make existing products you have on the market instantly obsolete, so that your customers have to buy your product again.
Meh. No thanks.

Postby Guest » November 1st, 2004, 10:08 am

I bet Steve V. hasnt run out of cheeks...I bet he's wearing his thong again... :)

Return to “Buzz”