IBM Reno 2007

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Pete Biro

Re: IBM Reno 2007

Postby Pete Biro » July 15th, 2007, 12:04 pm

Dustin: Great job.

All: Re-read what Bill Wells said. IMHO there has NEVER been a better person at organizing a convention and bringing together the TOP people to help. He's the man most responsible for the "Glory Years" of the IBM conventions and the man behind the scenes of the Desert Seminar.
Stay tooned.

Bill Wells

Postby Bill Wells » July 17th, 2007, 9:05 pm

Pete -

Thank you for your very nice compliments, but I don't deserve all that credit. One person does not a successful convention make. We had a splendid team of experienced and dedicated people who knew what they were doing and enjoyed working with each other. It was very much a team effort with the IBM. Joe also had a great team, but we were more of a think tank and the ideas sometimes came after much butting heads behind the scenes ... but the team concept still worked because of Joe. The chemistry was great and it was a great deal of fun and a wonderful sense of satisfaction.

Bill
Bill Wells

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » July 18th, 2007, 10:14 am

A team is nowhere without a great leader, like Bill Wells! Sadly the jealous politicians destroyed that team. :genii:
Stay tooned.

Postby Guest » July 18th, 2007, 12:51 pm

Hi Pete

I've read a lot in your prior posts alluding to the discord that occurred regarding the 'change' in convention organisation.

With this occuring somewhat before my time - are you able to give me a short run down of what actually happened / when ? If you'd prefer to email - mitch@intekom.co.za - that would be great

At the moment - I just pick up snippets - and having a more complete picture would obviously help in placing US 'convention' history in perspective for me.

Return to “Buzz”