Herbert Becker, like a bad penny...

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Brian Morton

Herbert Becker, like a bad penny...

Postby Brian Morton » May 16th, 2002, 3:47 pm

Just spotted this in a Washington Post story about how television on the Internet isn't living up to its promises:

"More immediately, a controversial start-up service called Icravetvi plans to launch a low-budget Web broadcasting network June 1 using new technology that lets TV networks put their signals directly on the Internet.

"We have a deal with BBC-TV to broadcast their content online," Herbert Becker, chief executive of Icravetvi owner EnterVision Inc., said in a webcam interview from his office in Montreal. "We have signed a contract with John Daily, a producer who owns a video library to give us access to 600 pieces of content, including the 'I Love Lucy' series. We will have a lot of other broadcasts available at launch."

An earlier incarnation by one of Becker's associates was shut down last year by angry TV stations, and the legal status of the new venture remains unclear.
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Herbert Becker, the Jeff Busby of Internet television...

brian, noted with amusement :cool:

David Nethery
Favorite Magician: Wiz Kid Qua-Fiki

Re: Herbert Becker, like a bad penny...

Postby David Nethery » May 16th, 2002, 5:13 pm

Wait ! Is this the same Herbert Becker who was a once a "top professional magician" (said so, right there on his web site) , Guiness Book of World Records holder and close personal friend of David Copperfield ?

Star of Maury Povich and other high-quality daytime television?

That Herbert Becker ?

I thought he was dead .

John LeBlanc

Re: Herbert Becker, like a bad penny...

Postby John LeBlanc » May 22nd, 2002, 9:42 am

Originally posted by DavidN:
I thought he was dead .
Well, the problem is no one told him that. So, there we are.

John LeBlanc
Houston, TX

Return to “Buzz”