Busby email?

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Kim

Busby email?

Postby Kim » August 24th, 2003, 8:27 am

Just wondering how many got the busyby email today? 7 pages telling about how sick he was/is, how everyone is against him ( except the ones that know the "truth" ), and a picture of him in an electric scooter.
Was not the sort of thing I wanted to see before my morning coffee.
{ I really am not sure how much I could write here without offending anyone,so I kept it pretty vague.) :whack:

Pete Biro

Re: Busby email?

Postby Pete Biro » August 24th, 2003, 9:04 am

Jeff's email has been circulating... I guess I need to put out a report on my arthritis, bad hip, shakey right hand... I need some sympathy. :help:
Stay tooned.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » August 24th, 2003, 9:08 am

Someone forwarded it to me. It's got a pretty stern copyright notice at the bottom, or I would've posted the whole thing here.
However, the doctrine of fair use does allow me to post quotes:
"At this moment it's been far more than a year-and-a-half since I had a stroke, followed by heart surgery, then intensive therapy during which I had another stroke. That last stroke left me mostly blind, unable to speak, and paralyzed to the point I could not walk. I was totally paralyzed on my left side including my left hand and arm), could not walk at all, had to urinate in a bottle, could not wash or dress myself, could not move the sides of my face, couldn't swallow, couldn't speak, could not see, and much more."
"To talk my words into type I have a speech recognition program for my computer. As I mentioned, I can speak much better now after many months of therapy and exercises. To write, I have a special keyboard with 1 characters to type messages, as well as a special screen for the disabled, so I can read the messages."
"Now, you need to know a bit more of "the story": All through the past few years my company had VERY successful -- in fact, sensational -- sales on the
online auction site where I met you -- we'll call it ePay. In fact, while we were there, we seem to have transformed the "Magic" section from an area
offering flea market junk to a place to watch daily. Those who tried to imitate us, but scam the participants, had to stay away. But, I got very ill during January of 2002. However, by November of last year I sent out a postcard announcing my company would be back on ePay."
"So, during December of 2002 and the onset of 2003, they began trashing me -- all the while knowing I was very ill but concealing it -- with
attack-after-attack rolling on. The propaganda still has not abated! But, the attitude of magicians who know the facts is simple: People like Kaufman and his cohorts are acting insanely because they TRULY wished I had died. Kaufman has said so. He's written letters openly wishing I had been killed! Yes, it's sick, but it's a fact. The attitude of those who know better is simple: Participation in the online forums these people run should, in itself, be enough to cast doubt on the integrity of those who participate."
"In fact, these guys are SO BLATANT about it, they've become the laughing stock of the ones who know exactly how these characters take advantage of magicians' innocence. Of course, something so obvious has NOT escaped the notice of many:
Osterlind goes out of his way to avoid ANY mention of me and just how much of his material I actually wrote for him ... and, yes, created.
Kaufman and his cronies don't want it out -- magicians might realize just how dumb his platform is. Osterlind doesn't want it known -- it would reveal him as obtuse, vain and far less "creative" than he would like his fans to believe. Sisti wants it concealed -- he'd look like a jackass if his antics were common knowledge; all his propagandizing would be wasted. Falanga
doesn't want it revealed -- it would make his attempts to hijack and resell already known material as stupid and venal as it is -- just another example of Falanga profiteering from stuff he has no right to. And Murphy wants it
suppressed. Otherwise, he'd miss all that money from his efforts with Osterlind, Sisti and Falanga. We hear tell that Murphy collects a lot of money moving the same old stuff out in droves to the web dealers and magic stores. But the smart ones know. They're watching how this gang operates."

First, we can see that this letter has been sent to every person who ever won an auction from Busby on eBay. It's pretty funny to imagine Busby's odd mania here: that every person who bought something from him on eBay wants to know about his medical history--true or not--and listen to his odd rantings. Like eBay buyers give a crap! Also, note the depth of his ego: he takes credit for single-handedly elevating the quality of the magic sold on eBay. Ha!
If not every word of Busby rant above makes sense, part of the reason is because I cannot quote the entire thing, and the other reason is because Busby is a raving lunatic. He doesn't mention the fact that he is being sued by eBay for five counts of illegal behavior, so his claims that he was hounded off "ePay" (as he puts it) are just more insane jabbering from a man who, it appears from this letter, believes himself to be wronged by every successful businessman in magic. He neglects to mention, of course, that he has taken over $30,000 for subscriptions to The Braue Notebooks, Arcane, and Epoptica and never delivered the product paid for decades ago. Of course, now that he has had various heart attacks and strokes, he probably no longer remembers those things.
I also had no inkling that I was part of a "gang" that includes Richard Osterlind, Jim Sisti, Mark Murphy, and Louis Falanga. Since I rarely speak to those fellows, I'm not sure what kind of "gang" he's referring to, but his ranting is clearer when one looks at it from the point of view of psychology--Busby is suffering from classic paranoia and fantasizing that various people have come together to torture him. The sad thing is that he only tortures himself, and has ruined his own business and relationships with his customers.
And ... he had such nice comments about those of you here on the Forum as well.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Postby Dustin Stinett » August 24th, 2003, 12:43 pm

Originally posted by Richard Kaufman:
I also had no inkling that I was part of a "gang" that includes Richard Osterlind, Jim Sisti, Mark Murphy, and Louis Falanga.
While I certainly do not know how he could have, perhaps he received a "make-over" from Bravo TV's "Fab Five" and became confused?

Just a thought.

Let's see: He questions my integrity simply because I choose to participate in an online forum. I'm not sure he was talking about online participants when he says that I am a "laughing stock," but I'm prepared to give him that one. Of course that's of my own doing and has nothing to do with Jeff Busby.

Richard, since he is (indirectly) attacking me in his diatribe, I feel I have a "right" to this communication. Could you forward it to me please?

Thanks,
Dustin

Kim

Postby Kim » August 24th, 2003, 1:50 pm

Well, yes, I assume I got this email because I won an auction by him on Ebay. What he failed to "remember" was that he banned me from bidding on any of his auctions after that.
I'd like to be kept informed of the Ebay lawsuit, hopefully it will be over soon.
As far as single handedly changing the magic section of Ebay, I was buying long before he ever showed up there, and have continued since his dissapearance,and am quite happy. :)

Postby Guest » August 24th, 2003, 2:15 pm

This is just more of Jeff's pathetic attempt to generate some feelings of compassion for himself. No surprise. I have known Jeff since the mid-seventies. The stories in the Bay area alone are voluminous, and that is just the tip of the iceberg. I was friendly with Jeff, then at odds with him, then friendly again, at least a dozen times before the insanity of it all sunk in. I really thought that he might be a poor, misunderstood fellow at first. But, inevitably, where there's smoke...

Too many episodes, too many friends wronged, too many people whose reputations, over decades, remain untarnished except by Jeff. The only common denominator in all the events IS Jeff, so draw your own conclusions. I was close to his only business partner in all these years, Matt Corin, and that catastrophe is a small book on its' own! Jeff has consistently taken from people who start out with genuine feelings of affection or friendship for him. His first wife is a lovely lady who was grossly misused by Jeff. His public accusations, unsubstantiated, of other performers and dealers are repugnant. He has taken artwork and writing/notes from friends and never paid them, but published the work and profited.

I have read many posts about Jeff from people who have only heard rumors, and the reason I am writing this at all is so that some of you who have no experience with Jeff continue to have none! I have first-hand experience, and was present for many episodes, so my feelings are not based on unsubstantiated rumors, but actual experiences with Jeff and the parties wronged over the years. Many projects never came to fruition because Jeff could not meet the requirements that he himself set up as part of the contracts with people like Vernon, Jennings, Dew, etal.

The frightening thing in all of this is that Jeff is one of two things, and neither is good: Either he is so disconnected from reality that believes his own propaganda (evidence of a severe, untreated mental condition that is getting worse), or: He is a pathological liar with no feelings of guilt or remorse for any of the many things he has done to harm people, both financially and emotionally. ( I guess there IS a third possibility, and it's US that're crazy, but...)

I refuse to buy or own anything that will in any way contribute to the support of Mr. Busby, and I recommend that everyone else follow this course if your ethics are violated by the type behavior Busby continues to indulge in. Seems obvious that the only effective course is to ignore his rants and refuse to do business with him or anyone who fronts for him. Eventually that will have the desired effect. The Gandhiesque approach seems best to me, non-violent though it is! (Just a joke, Jeff, I'm sure you're sitting in your wheelchair somewhere, reading this...)

BEst, PSC

Jonathan Townsend

Postby Jonathan Townsend » August 24th, 2003, 4:39 pm

A sick person sends a LONG email with caps and copyright to folks, proclaiming what?

sarcasm follows: beware

[sarcasm]

He says he's sick.
Is that news?
Did anyone doubt?

Did the message come with biopsy samples?
Signed affidavits?

In simplest terms...

Since he had to stop making certain claims on some cups...
Now he makes claims about himself.
Via spam.

[/sarcasm]

It is not fun being sick. I wish him well.
Mundus vult decipi -per Caleb Carr's story Killing Time

Steve Snediker

Postby Steve Snediker » August 25th, 2003, 3:32 am

As a rather benign member of this forum, I have read the rants about Busby and wondered..."How can these fellows say nothing GOOD about Jeff?"

I got his email. Now I know!

Maybe Busby should try and sell Snake Oil. Maybe a Televangelist. What about running for public office. He's got enough sheister in him to really a go of a new career.

BTW, in true SPAM ELIMINATION fashion, I did not respond to Mr. B's email. I hope my address gets culled due to lack of response.

Ian Kendall

Postby Ian Kendall » August 25th, 2003, 4:52 am

One way to respond ot spam is to construct your own NDR (non delivery report) and send it back.

Take one NDR that you have recieved, edit the fields a wee bit and send it off...

Have fun, Ian

Postby Guest » August 25th, 2003, 10:35 am

I have just returned from a road trip and learned about the Busby email. In the past, I have tried to say nothing of these matters. At this time, however, I would like to emphasis just one point. Everything ever marketed in my name by Jeff Busby was CREATED SOLELY BY MYSELF. For him to suggest otherwise reflects a lack of judgement, memory, or common sense.

Richard Osterlind

Postby Guest » August 27th, 2003, 2:27 pm

I have now read the Busby email and all I can do is sigh. For the record, every book and prop that he marketed in my name was sold out. I made no arrangements for him to market further items and sent registered letters, emails and normal letters to him telling him so. He never responded and refused the registerd correspondence.

The "gang" that he refers to is a figment of his imagination. Richard Kaufman and I have seen each other 2 or 3 times in over 20 years and he was never a part of anything! Jim Sisti and I were close friends long before I started dealing with Jeff and I made a tragic mistake in siding with Busby over the Paul Fox cups fiasco. I was misinformed and simply didn't know all the facts. There were a lot of "other facts" that I didn't know for quite a long time. Now I do and now I refuse to have Jeff Busby represent me in any way. I'm sorry he is sick, but he has always been sick. Perhaps this time is more serious than in the past, but his sickness had nothing to do with my decision to leave. As a point in fact, it DELAYED my taking action which I only did after he returned to closing down eBay auctions and the rest of the nonsense. He made a lot of money from me over the years and I received almost nothing in return. I am willing to just move on, but he won't drop it. I have no contracts with him, any verbal agreements are long void and he has no rights to any of my material which I have to reiterate is MY MATERIAL! The fact that he tries in his email to suggest that he created part of it is totally absurd! Who, in their right mind, knowing him, could think for a second that he would create something and then market it in someone else's name??? What a fantasy!

Again, I'm sorry he is sick, but leave me alone.

Richard Osterlind

Glenn Farrington

Postby Glenn Farrington » August 28th, 2003, 9:09 am

Fade in:

It's a typical day in a typical city. People are moving with their daily routine. The milkman, the garbage man the local police man standing on the corner.

On the lower end of town, where daily life can be trickier, there is a playground with a basketball court. A single youth is seen leaning against the pole. It's RICHARD KAUFMAN, gang leader of the Jets. he is snapping his fingers on his right hand.

Cue: Jets intro Music

KAUFMAN slowly walks to the center of the court snapping his fingers rhythmically. He stops at center court.

Kaufman
(yelling)
Jets!

As if from nowhere, other gang members are seen to appear like magic walking onto the court snapping their fingers as well. SISTI, OSTERLIND and FALANGA meet KAUFMAN at center court.

The Jets
(yelling in unison)
Jets!

The group begins to dance. Many double lifts and passes are seen in the choreography.

The gang moves from the court out onto the street. As they dance moving down the street they are joined by the other "members" that have "posted" themselves through out the block.

A huge dance number involving all of the Jets takes place in the middle of the street. The dance suddenly stops as a blind man on an electric scooter, who is selling cups, plows into them.

Instead of scattering the gang surrounds him and taunts him, KAUFMAN knocks the cups out of his lap onto the street. The other gang members laugh and continue to mock him.

A policeman's whistle is heard, it gets louder and louder and louder and then instead of a whistle it sounds more like a buzzer that keeps getting louder and louder and...

Cut to:

A young handsome man wakes up in bed. He awkwardly rolls over towards the bedside table to turn off the buzzing coming from the electric alarm clock. He rolls back and rubs his face with his hands.

Young Man
Wow...what a nightmare. Well honey I
certainly hope you had a better nights
sleep than I did. Honey. Honey?

The young man rolls over towards his wife. She has the covers over her head. He pulls off the covers and instead of his wife he sees the cup salesman from his dream. He is wearing a hockey mask.

As the young man screams the cup salesman stabs him through the heart with a knife...that changes color as he pulls it out of the young mans chest.

Fade out:
Comedy's Easy...Dying Sucks.

Robert Allen

Postby Robert Allen » August 28th, 2003, 9:43 am

Wow! Glenn that was truly awesome. The only thing you're missing is the Fweet music when the hockey masked assailant appears.

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » August 28th, 2003, 9:56 am

Uh, Glenn... you have too much free time :) :D
Stay tooned.

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » August 28th, 2003, 10:59 am

hahahaha
Pete: you're right about that one!

Glenn Farrington

Postby Glenn Farrington » August 28th, 2003, 11:03 am

Oh yeah...I got a lot of free time. Let's see... Pete has 2445 posts and I have 70. Somebody do the math. :D
Comedy's Easy...Dying Sucks.

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » August 28th, 2003, 12:44 pm

That's only "here" -- check the Cafe site... and Digital Photography... :cool:

Heheheh... when I got "fired" it was a blessing in disguise! :eek:

Hey, Glen, wait 'til you see the FISM Genii issue! :genii:

Stay tooned... :p
Stay tooned.

Postby Guest » August 28th, 2003, 1:38 pm

When you're a Jet,
you're a Jet all the way,
from your first gimmicked deck
to your last ATFUS-hey!

When you're a Jet,
you've got all the right moves,
you've got cards, cups and hoops
you're a real magic dude!

A Jet is a Jet,
there's no Paul Fox Cups a'comin!

A Jet is a Jet,
and about Busby you'll be a howlin!

:D

Just for fun and because of my inherently strange nature... (I also expect a nasty email telling me that Busby owns the rights to the NAME Paul Fox, which is going to seriously annoy a neighbor of mine who happens to have that same name!)...

Lee Darrow, C.Ht.
http://www.leedarrow.com

Postby Guest » September 2nd, 2003, 11:05 pm

Jeff was never easy to deal with; and I'm only a customer. However, it is difficult not to be touched by the severity of his ailments; we are all suseptible(sp?, most of us are either young or just plain lucky.

Chris Bailey

Postby Chris Bailey » September 3rd, 2003, 8:19 am

Now THAT was funny. Nice one Glenn

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » September 3rd, 2003, 8:41 am

I don't find it at all difficult NOT to be touched by the severity of Jeff Busby's ailments, if ANY of it is true.
Those who create misery often have misery visited upon them.

Brisbin

Postby Brisbin » September 3rd, 2003, 10:02 am

Now I'm in misery, with magic-themed verses of showtunes stuck in my head. The image of Genii's illustrious publisher as the singing leader of The Jets must be some kind of karma for featuring a magical crooner on the cover some months back. ;)
"No Dough, No Show" - Stan Kramien
"What the mind harbors, the body manifests." - Tohei Koichi

Kent Blackmore

Postby Kent Blackmore » September 28th, 2003, 9:31 pm

At the risk of de-railing this impressive theatrical tour de force <grin>, I have a question related to the original topic of the thread.

I received the original Busby email and deleted it as spam, after rolling my eyes at the content. Since then I've received several other messages from Busby, each different but about as intelligent as the first. Each message contains extensive details on how to remove yourself from the mailing list and, needless to say, it doesn't work because the email address he quotes is rejected by the postmaster.

I have never bought from Busby nor invited him into my mailbox.

Somewhere on a forum or e-zine there was posted the details of Busby's ISP with a suggestion that abuse complaints should be directed to them in order to force Busby to stop spamming. Alas! I just can't find those details any more and would really like to lodge a complaint! Ideas, anyone?

I get plenty of spam but most of it comes from some anonymous individual, so the spam just gets deleted. But when it comes from a real person (?)whom I can identify, there's reason to fight back.

Postby Guest » September 28th, 2003, 9:57 pm

Defending Jeff Busby is a bit like defending the Alamo but here goes anyway.

I don't really know the ins and outs of the original dispute or the alleged idiosyncracies of Jeff that have led to the repeated comments about him on here.

I just think that enough is enough.

We are all complex creatures and none of us are perfect including, I dare say some of Mr.Busby's critics.

The man obviously has health problems.I know he reads this forum. It cannot be good for his health to be reading all this venom.I believe anyone that has the types of problems outlined should be left alone.

Even if you don't like him, leave him be. It is called compassion for a fellow human being who is sick whether you like him or not.

He may well be "torturing himself" as Richard puts it. Fine. I just don't think it is helpful to exacarbate the situation by long discussion on here.

Leave him be.You don't have to like him. You don't have to live with him. Just leave him be.

I don't want to go all biblical on you but Jesus said "He who is without sin cast the first stone"

So? Who is going to be first? Remember that you have to be without sin.

That only leaves me of course.

Anyway I think enough is enough. Don't you?

Kent Blackmore

Postby Kent Blackmore » September 28th, 2003, 11:48 pm

>>>"You don't have to live with him. Just leave him be."
Ok, I'll cast the first stone.
At the moment, I do have to live with him - against my wishes. I have to wait while his 144k messages download via my slow modem link. I did not ask to have my life repeatedly disrupted.

I will leave Mr Busby alone when he leaves me alone. I will stop telling people that his emails contain misleading information when he starts abiding by his promise to remove my name from his spam list.
Easy.

Frankly I don't care about his opinions, the details of his illness, or other people's dislike of him. I just want him to stop bugging me.

Postby Guest » September 29th, 2003, 5:31 am

The place to send your complaints is:
spamcomplaint@imbris.com

You might also send a copy to:
support@imbris.com

Postby Guest » September 29th, 2003, 6:25 am

When I first read it I thought someone was putting me on. It was the funniest thing I've read in quite some time. But as I read it further, I realized it was just sad. Nixon was just as paranoid near the end.

Postby Guest » September 29th, 2003, 10:10 am

I don't know much about computers but I would have thought a simple pressing of the block senders button would have been sufficient to solve
Mr. Blackmore's problem.

I don't think he will have to worry anymore though. I know Jeff reads this and no doubt he will remove Kent from his mailing list. No point preaching to the unconverted.

Mr. Osterlind has up to now shown admirable restraint in posting his feelings about Mr. Busby. However, I would respectfully suggest it is a mistake to put the message about reporting him to the no spamming people. It would have been cleverer to post this privately to Kent. Jeff will see Richard's post and this will aggravate him more. No point pouring oil on troubled waters.

Again, the man is ill. A stroke followed by heart surgery is not pleasant. You would not wish that on your worst enemy. (Well, I would but I am asking you to raise yourselves to a higher standard than me.THAT should appeal to you)

OK. After the heart surgery you get another stroke. No compassion yet? Not even a tiny bit?
Let us go a little further then.
Nearly blind, paralyzed and unable to speak? Not even a snippet of good wishes?
How about "cannot walk"? A little pity yet?
"urinating in a bottle" Well?
Cannot wash or dress?
Cannot swallow?
Cannot move the side of the face?
Cannot speak?
Cannot SEE? I shall repeat that. Cannot SEE?

On top of all this he has to endure all the obvious mental anguish whether self inflicted or not.

Again enough is enough. Leave the guy alone. Stop putting salt in the wound. Let sleeping dogs lie.
Let the dead past bury its dead. Some of it happened so long ago. And even the present bitterness is not worth the hassle. None of us will be here in a hundred years anyway.

I cannot believe that I am the only one here that thinks a little compassion would not go amiss. There is enough hatred in the world without this paltry dispute being added to it.

Who the hell is perfect anyway? We all have our faults and foibles.Jesus said "Judge not that ye be not judged"

Or how about an old Chinese saying "Do not complain about the snow on your neighbours rooftop when your own doorstep is unclean."

Since we cannot claim to be perfect we should have a bit of compassion for a fellow human being who is also not perfect. Especially a human being who is unwell.

I think it is about time you gave him a break even if he won't give you one.

It is the decent thing to do.

Let him be.

Rick Schulz

Postby Rick Schulz » September 29th, 2003, 10:12 am

Kent -

If you are using MS Outlook or Outlook Express, it is relatively easy to set up a rule for Mail that deletes messages from Mr. Busby at the mailer server, and does not download them to your computer. I have had to do this to block spam that was generated by a virus somewhere, and it has been fairly effective. If you are using something other than Outlook, you may need to consult your user guide (often built-in under the "Help" menu) to find out how to block mail from a specific User (or contains specific words or phrases in the subject line or the message body). Good luck!

Rick

Bob Farmer

Postby Bob Farmer » September 29th, 2003, 3:01 pm

In one of Busby's e-mails he managed to libel several people, including me and E-bay's lawyer.

I really don't care about Busby's opinion of me, however, I thought E-Bay's lawyer might like to see what's being said about him, so I forwarded a copy.

This suggests David Blaine's next stunt: he spends 45 days in a box with Busby. Busby continually bombards him with multi-page loony ravings but Blaine survives.

Postby Guest » September 30th, 2003, 9:00 am

What is the point of e-mailing the e-bay lawyer? It is only going to exacerbate the situation. Pouring oil on troubled waters and that sort of thing. Unless of course you want to keep the pot boiling for your own entertainment which I suspect is the real motivation.

I am sure Mr.Richter is well used to negative things being said about him. After all, it is a well known fact that 99% of lawyers give the rest a bad name.

While you are at it you can forward to him a complaint on my behalf. Some dastardly person has been selling bootleg videos of my psychic and hypnotism courses on E-Bay.

Although it is an irritant I am not going to tear my hair out over it for three reasons.
One. I am not Jeff Busby and do not agitate myself over this sort of thing.
Two. I have no hair left to tear out anyway.
Three. I don't make a shilling out of the courses anyway. The money paid to me has all been spent.

Still, Mr Rudy Van Langen the producer of the courses is highly displeased. Especially since he informs that there are no human beings at E-bay that he actually talk to about it. I told Rudy to inform the FBI because I have seen them on television where they solve every case. I believe Rudy has done so.

Anyway Mr. Richter should be dealing with this far more important matter rather than wasting his time over a few mild reprimands from Jeff Busby.

And you should be going back to inventing colour changing card tricks.

People complain about Jeff's diatribes. I would call them self defense. When people spend their time here attacking him for amusement instead of using their time in a more productive way it is no wonder that he responds likewise.

He spends time on this nonsense because he is upset.
You are all doing it for amusement. Like pulling the wings off flies. It's not an edifying spectacle.

Enough is enough.
Leave him be.

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » September 30th, 2003, 9:13 am

Since Busby did libel Mr. Richter in the e-mail, I think it was nice that Bob forwarded the e-mail to him. You see, while folks like me can't afford to sue Busby for libel (if no other reason than I don't want to go live in Wallace, Idaho for the duration of the case), Mr. Richter, who is an attorney, can squash Busby like the piece of excrement he is. It's amazing that a guy who's crying about multiple strokes and paralysis, and who can barely speak (according to him), manages to write these lengthy e-mails ... what a farce!

Postby Guest » September 30th, 2003, 9:43 am

I happen to know that Mr.Richter has seen all Jeff's comments about him on many occasions.
So the whole thing is a bit pointless.

Anyway Mr Richter should be spending his time dealing with complaints about bootleg videos on e-bay instead of agitating himself over Jeff Busby.

Incidentally I have never met Jeff although I have met his parents. Figure that one out.

Postby Guest » September 30th, 2003, 10:25 am

Does anyone has Busby's website address?
I don't feel any sympathy for Busby. He reprinted Alternative Card Magic (my copyright) without permission because a shipment of those books to him was late. I would like to have a refund for my subscription to the Braue notebooks. He never paid my bills, he sold pirate copies of my Fred Kaps Magicassette and when I owed him money he send me letters of demand before I even received an invoice.
Unlike Angelic (who is being very angelic) I can not muster an iota of sympathy for Busby. He has caused me and many other people a vast amount of upset and when you meet the guy he seems so harmless! Sad for him but his sins are revisiting him.

Postby Guest » September 30th, 2003, 11:16 am

I didn't know all this about Jeff. I must say that he sounds like a man after my own heart! My estimation of him has gone up!

Martin is right about me being very angelic at the moment. I must say that I am bored stiff with it.

Bob Farmer

Postby Bob Farmer » September 30th, 2003, 1:48 pm

"Angelic" sounds like a lurking Mark Lewis.

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » September 30th, 2003, 3:04 pm

Angelic IMHO has NO CREDIBILITY using a pseudonym. :whack:

Any idea how much misery Jeff put on Danny and Melba Dew? :(
Stay tooned.

John Clarkson

Postby John Clarkson » September 30th, 2003, 6:36 pm

Originally posted by Bob Farmer:
"Angelic" sounds like a lurking Mark Lewis.
Do you really have any doubt? If the phraseology doesn't tip it, the egocentrism certainly does.

Richard, can't you just delete Mark's banal posts (again...) and let us get on with our own, clearly superior, rants?

:confused:

Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Postby Dustin Stinett » September 30th, 2003, 7:48 pm

"Angelic" never hid the fact that he was Mark Lewis. One need only read his recent thread on pitching Svengali decks to know this. Richard has allowed him a very short leash because there are times when his posts are actually worthwhile.

Dustin

Robert Allen

Postby Robert Allen » September 30th, 2003, 10:38 pm

Hey, Hi Jeff! ;)

Seriously though, Buzzzbeee spammed a bunch of people with that flaming letter of his, including people who he'd screwed out of selling items they owned on ebay, so frankly, he gets what he deserves. Or reaps what he sowed.

That's the thing about being a jerk to masses of people over the internet. It can come back to haunt you pretty easily.

I've always hated bullys...

Return to “Buzz”