Magic Open Mic in NYC

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Herb

Magic Open Mic in NYC

Postby Herb » May 29th, 2023, 12:52 am

Hello Friends,

There is a new magic open mic launching in New York, this coming Sunday evening, June 4. The event is free to magicians who wish to perform as well as audience members who want to enjoy the conjuring. It should be a great opportunity for anyone working on new material, brushing up older routines or just looking for a chance to perform. It also will provide a fun opportunity to connect with other magicians and see a wide range of material. The event will be held at the Rose Room, which is located in the Producers Club at 358 West 44th Street (on 44th Street near Ninth Avenue). The open mic is hosted by Myron the Magnificent. All the details about time, sign-up, etc. are at the following link. If you're located in New York, please join us. http://www.myronthemagnificent.com/magicopenmic.html

MagicbyAlfred
Favorite Magician: Bill Malone

Re: Magic Open Mic in NYC

Postby MagicbyAlfred » May 31st, 2023, 6:18 pm

Makes me wish I was still living in Brooklyn (not to mention, but to mention, best pizza in the world!) It sounds great, especially as I happen to be in the process of revamping my routines and working out new presentations for them. It would be a wonderful laboratory for trying them out, seeing what the reactions to them were, and refining them. Practice is very important, but i have learned that nothing beats performing to take things to the next level.

Herb

Re: Magic Open Mic in NYC

Postby Herb » June 1st, 2023, 2:41 pm

Thanks Alfred. Yes - it's kind of a chicken and egg thing that getting material in shape to perform it for an audience requires working on it in front of an audience. I hope this open mic provides folks the chance to make progress on material in a kind of low stress setting.

Return to “Buzz”