Chinese piracy sites

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Tarotist
Favorite Magician: David Nixon

Chinese piracy sites

Postby Tarotist » August 2nd, 2022, 6:42 pm

I know that a lot of magic creators have problems with Chinese Piracy sites stealing their manuscripts and materials and reselling them at cheaper prices. They obviously feel that American and other foreign creators can't do much about it. I think the reality is different. The Chinese do have ways of enforcing copyright. This is where you make complaints:

Beijing Cultural Law Enforcement Agency
Government office in Beijing, China
Address: 27 Huayuan Rd, Haidian District, Beijing, China, 100088
Phone: +86 10 8223 6200

Tarotist

Re: Chinese piracy sites

Postby Tarotist » August 3rd, 2022, 8:36 am

I did get one Chinese site to take down my material but this was before I had heard of the Beijing Cultural Law Enforcement Agency which deals with copyright violations. I threatened to put a psychic curse on them if they didn't take it down. And I meant it. They did take it down although they sent me a very rude email which tempted me to put the curse on them anyway. However, in my infinite mercy I refrained. I use curses very rarely although I have one ongoing at the moment. Still, I won't trouble you with the details.

Anyway, I have given out possible useful information that may be useful to others even if it is no use to you.

I am not sure if this is their website. I have translated it into English here although I am not sure if it came out properly. You can possibly send them an email with your complaint although I am not sure if this is the proper place to do it.

http://en.0430.com/cn/web104264/

Tarotist

Postby Tarotist » August 3rd, 2022, 8:56 am

mbreggar

Postby mbreggar » August 4th, 2022, 6:50 am

Good info. Thanks.

Return to “Buzz”