Chuck Smith Has Died

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Chuck Smith Has Died

Postby Richard Kaufman » August 2nd, 2022, 12:40 pm

Underground legend Chuck Smith died at age 92.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

JustinM
Favorite Magician: Mike and 40.... The rest are dead!

Re: Chuck Smith Has Died

Postby JustinM » August 2nd, 2022, 2:19 pm

R.I.P. to one of Magic's best kept secrets!

Richard Tremblay

Postby Richard Tremblay » August 4th, 2022, 1:01 pm

His cards to pocket was a beauty. R.I.P. Mr. Smith.

Andy

Postby Andy » August 10th, 2022, 3:18 pm

So sad to hear. I was fortunate to grow up in Casper WY while Chuck was living and woking in Caspere. He was one of the founders of the Wyoming Maagician's Society. It was a small group that met once a month in the downstairs of a local bank. I was in 6th or 7th grade. Every member had to perform. I was so great to see such good magic performed in my still early years of magic. I was excited that he was going to start teaching magic but got transferred out of Casper before it could happen. Such a gifted man. Rest isn peace

John Carney

Postby John Carney » August 21st, 2022, 3:10 pm

So sad to hear of the passing of my friend Chuck Smith. He had a full life. Chuck was an "underground" guy, very influential in magic, but not well known outside of his home state of Texas. He never did magic professionally, but performed casually his whole life. He had great skill, and was very creative, charming, and funny. He could tell the corniest joke, and with that smile of his, he could still make you laugh. So many offbeat, original ideas. His Cards to Pocket is ingenious, and I still use it regularly. A great guy. Gonna miss not being able to chat with him...... thanks for everything Chuck

Return to “Buzz”