The Legacy Box

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
David Regal

The Legacy Box

Postby David Regal » June 25th, 2022, 5:38 pm

I am sorry to report that someone(s) has knocked-off my Legacy Box. The Legacy Box was manufactured by Owen's Magic with my permission, and that company has ceased operations.

The knock-off Legacy Box is showing up here and there (Ebay, for instance) and it sells for a lot of money. Unfortunately, on top of the fact that these people are stealing from me, they do not fully understand the physics that make the box work. I know this because someone emailed me today wondering why his "second-hand" box that he got on Ebay did not operate correctly. He included an accompanying video. I told him he bought a knock-off, and I told him what needed to be done to make the box function.

I have sent a (real) Legacy Box to Viking Manufacturing, for the talented George Robinson to look at. Perhaps Viking will continue manufacture of the box, perhaps not. But be aware that knock-offs are out there, and they do not work correctly.

The Wonderful World of Magic.

Q. Kumber
Favorite Magician: Tom Whitestone

Re: The Legacy Box

Postby Q. Kumber » June 25th, 2022, 6:24 pm

I wasn't familiar with the Legacy Box until reading the above post. In case others are in the same boat, here's a review by Andy Martin. In the meantime, I hope Viking will look favourably on the project.

https://www.martinsmagic.com/allmagic/m ... c-supreme/

Alan M

Postby Alan M » June 26th, 2022, 7:13 pm

Very kind of you to help the guy with the bogus box. I also hope Viking will take it on.

Brad Henderson

Postby Brad Henderson » June 26th, 2022, 7:32 pm

We magicians all seem to have lots of dead relatives who leave us the weirdest things.

erdnasephile

Postby erdnasephile » June 26th, 2022, 10:11 pm

Stories like this always irritate me, especially when they happen to a classy guy like David.

To Brad's comment: maybe we magicians would all be better off if our dead relatives would leave us some ethics instead!

Return to “Buzz”