Hangmen with Andy Nyman closes this week

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Jon Pendragon
Favorite Magician: Jonathan Pendragon

Hangmen with Andy Nyman closes this week

Postby Jon Pendragon » June 15th, 2022, 12:48 am

On Broadway, the highly successful British play, Hangmen, has wowed the critics and audiences alike. It closes this week on its limited run. It's interest to magic is this: one of the leading parts is played by Andy Nyman! And one of its producers is Son of Jay - Sandy Marshall. Both are friends of mine thus making a pilgrimage to the NYC theater district a matter of honor, sort of. West and I make pilgrimages to Broadway for any excuse imaginable. My beloved and I both thought it was a wonderful theatrical experience and that Andy did an amazing job in a tough role.

The theater of New York, Chicago, Atlanta, Austin, LA and San Francisco, to name a few cities, can really inspire the young magician to learn the craft of acting and more. New York produces an effect that is unique, it is a wellspring of energy. For magicians like Jeff McBride, myself and others, the kind of buzz most magicians get from three to four days at a magic convention, we often experience in a single night of theater (the buzz depends on the play). After Hangmen... I'm still buzzing.

Return to “Buzz”