Tic Tok

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Tarotist
Favorite Magician: David Nixon

Tic Tok

Postby Tarotist » March 22nd, 2022, 12:47 am

I really do not understand this modern world. The day before yesterday someone took a video of me and put it on Tic Tok whatever the hell that is. Up to this very moment I have never heard of Tic Tok and I am not even sure if I am spelling it right. Anyway, someone told me about it and I investigated. To my utter astonishment it has garnered several MILLION views and thousands of comments. All in the space of two days!

All very peculiar if I may say so. Anyway here it is:

https://www.tiktok.com/@lifescrazy25/vi ... mXyfF&_r=1

Bob Farmer

Re: Tic Tok

Postby Bob Farmer » March 22nd, 2022, 1:38 pm

That's a great routine, I bet you sold a ton.

Tarotist

Postby Tarotist » March 22nd, 2022, 10:12 pm

There are nearly 3000 comments on there. A massive amount of exposure comments but of course that is to be expected. A tiny, tiny handful of rude comments but a lot less than expected. Many, many complimentary comments and loads of daft ones too! The daft ones include various people who wish I was their grandfather and lots of daft women saying they are in love with me.

Truly the internet is a very strange place.

Tarotist

Postby Tarotist » March 23rd, 2022, 8:10 am

Four million views so far..............................

Bob Farmer

Postby Bob Farmer » March 23rd, 2022, 8:27 am

You certainly have broken the record for the most views of a Svengali pitch in the history of the world.

Tarotist

Postby Tarotist » March 23rd, 2022, 8:36 am

I think Marshall Brodien may possibly have rivalled that but I am not sure. In any event I find it depressing in an odd sort of way. More people have seen me do the deck in a few days than have seen me do it decade after decade in person after thousands upon thousands of demonstrations.

chetday
Favorite Magician: Jon Racherbaumer

Postby chetday » March 23rd, 2022, 2:44 pm

Bob Farmer wrote:You certainly have broken the record for the most views of a Svengali pitch in the history of the world.

Ha!

Mark, it's too bad each view of you working on TikTok didn't also result in a Svengali sale.

Brad Jeffers

Postby Brad Jeffers » March 23rd, 2022, 4:59 pm

Tarotist wrote:Four million views so far..............................

Mark, have you been visiting THIS SITE again?
Tsk, tsk.

Tarotist

Postby Tarotist » March 23rd, 2022, 5:32 pm

chetday wrote:
Bob Farmer wrote:You certainly have broken the record for the most views of a Svengali pitch in the history of the world.

Ha!

Mark, it's too bad each view of you working on TikTok didn't also result in a Svengali sale.

I have been thinking that all day. It has put me in a very depressed mood.

Tarotist

Postby Tarotist » March 23rd, 2022, 5:33 pm

Brad Jeffers wrote:
Tarotist wrote:Four million views so far..............................

Mark, have you been visiting THIS SITE again?
Tsk, tsk.

I have never even heard about bloody Tic Tok until two days ago let alone spending money on it! Anyway, I just looked at it. I didn't realise you could actually purchase views on it. No wonder so many views appeared out of nowhere.

Tarotist

Postby Tarotist » March 23rd, 2022, 11:33 pm

I have actually found ANOTHER video of myself in Tik Tok. It didn't go viral like the other one did or at least I don't think it did otherwise I would have heard about it by now. Here it is anyway.
https://www.tiktok.com/@peteybeeproduct ... 8756291077

Tarotist

Postby Tarotist » March 24th, 2022, 11:45 am

Over 5 million views now........................

Tarotist

Postby Tarotist » March 26th, 2022, 9:20 pm

6 million views. Around a million a day................
Scary............

Joe Lyons
Favorite Magician: Wonder

Postby Joe Lyons » March 27th, 2022, 8:31 am

What’s scary is that an old grafter like you hasn’t figured out a way to monetize it.

You should get your own TikTok or YouTube channel and link to it. Get some young magician in Canada to help you.

Tarotist

Postby Tarotist » March 28th, 2022, 12:34 am

I do not understand this modern world and want nothing to do with it. In any event I understand that one cannot monetize Tiktok in Canada anyway. Other countries especially the Excited States of America can monetize things but not Canada. In any event I am deriving great amusement from the comments. There are over 5000 of them! Here are a few!

"I showed my African family, he’s welcome to all the family gatherings now"

"ninja we need this kinda power to make girls suddenly appear"

"ERROR 404: Fault found in brain. ERROR 28: restarting system failed"

"I want him to read me a bed time story"

“Mommmm. Grandpa’s doing witchcraft again!!!”

Tarotist

Postby Tarotist » March 28th, 2022, 12:50 am

It appears to have spread to Reddit!
https://www.reddit.com/r/[censored] ... of_tricks/

Oh, it appears that you cannot read it because of a very rude word in the title. However, as a psychic reverend myself I cannot possibly approve of foul language so perhaps it is just as well.

However, here is another way to access it. Just type in "Thought this was a pretty nifty set of tricks" to google and you will get it that way..

Joe Lyons
Favorite Magician: Wonder

Postby Joe Lyons » March 28th, 2022, 7:36 am

Tarotist wrote: Other countries especially the Excited States of America can monetize things but not Canada.

Sorry, I missed when Canada went Communist. ;)

In any case money isn't everything and I'm sure you're enjoying the spotlight.

Congratulations. Not a lot of magicians go viral.

Tarotist

Postby Tarotist » March 28th, 2022, 1:11 pm

[quote="Joe Lyons"

In any case money isn't everything and I'm sure you're enjoying the spotlight.

Congratulations. Not a lot of magicians go viral.[/quote]
...........................................................................................................................................................................................................

I don't think any magician has ever gone viral with the svengali deck anyway! Now it isn't the money or the spotlight so much as the feeling of validation to my work. To get that many millions of people enjoying the demonstration plus all the thousands of positive comments from the public seems to indicate that I might, just might actually be good at something.

Tarotist

Postby Tarotist » March 31st, 2022, 12:19 pm

Bloody hell! Nearly 7 million views now!
Well, 6.7million anyway which is near as dammit and probably will be 7 million in a few days! And all I am doing is the bloody svengali deck!
I suspect it is the "jibber jabber" as well as the trick that is making it happen.

Tarotist

Postby Tarotist » April 2nd, 2022, 8:47 pm

Nearly 8 million views now! And another video has been made in the last hour or so. A mere 46,000 or so but of course it is early yet! And I think if this one works out there will be a third one! I appear to be an internet star now and I must say that you are all very privileged to be in my presence.......

Anyway, here is the latest one:
https://www.tiktok.com/@lifescrazy25/vi ... 8945700036

Tarotist

Postby Tarotist » April 3rd, 2022, 3:33 pm

Holy Mother of God! Over TEN million views now! For a beginners trick! Here is my favourite comment explaining how it is done!

"There is a powder on the cards so when he taps the table it “switches the cards” bc the powder is rubbed off"

Tarotist

Postby Tarotist » April 4th, 2022, 1:07 am

11.6 million so far. It will be 12 million before tomorrow is out I think Anyway a third video has been posted. It has garnered 4 hundred and 4 thousand views and it has only been up 4 hours. The punters seem to love it. One of them said they were witnessing "Generation z in a boomers body"!

Anyway, here it is:
https://www.tiktok.com/@lifescrazy25/vi ... OySxhSI-kY

Tarotist

Postby Tarotist » April 4th, 2022, 9:00 am

The new video has garnered nearly a million views overnight! Methinks this one is going to go viral as well. Thousands of comments no doubt. I wish I could control the amount of exposure comments though. It is inevitable that with thousands of comments and millions of views tricks are going to be exposed by the "I know that one" brigade. And of course with thousands of comments it would take too long to go through them and delete them. This is the downside of the modern world and I don't like the idea that we have to get used to it. However, I think I might have an idea on how to curtail it somewhat. I shall work on it.

Edward Pungot

Postby Edward Pungot » April 4th, 2022, 10:45 am

Once you reach a billion, you open the emergent door to god-hood and immortality. I can imagine all these homunculus versions of you permanently embedded in the memory brain cells of random people all across the globe. Maybe there is now a hologram permanently saved of you in the collective megabrain-computer in a galaxy far far away. Now is a good time to start a religion and get those tax breaks.

Tarotist

Postby Tarotist » April 4th, 2022, 1:51 pm

Edward Pungot wrote:Once you reach a billion, you open the emergent door to god-hood and immortality. I can imagine all these homunculus versions of you permanently embedded in the memory brain cells of random people all across the globe. Maybe there is now a hologram permanently saved of you in the collective megabrain-computer in a galaxy far far away. Now is a good time to start a religion and get those tax breaks.

I already thought I had entered Godhood and immortality. I am not sure, however about starting a new religion since I am already a reverend minister in a religion in which I suspect I am the only member. However, I was ordained on the booth of a psychic fair many years ago in the Free Spiritualist Church of Canada. The chap who ordained me and gave me my credentials didn't mention anything about tax breaks but he did say that my credentials would allow me to conduct marriages and claim discounts in hotels. I am a timid soul and have not yet availed of these opportunities. He did show me how to conduct the marriage ceremony though and assured me that if I went down to City Hall and presented my credentials I would be given official permission to conduct such events. I have not taken up this possibility, not least because the word "Spiritualist" in the credentials was spelled "Spiritulist". I did mention this to the chap who ordained me but he assured me this was the Latin spelling.

For those who are interested in this sort of thing the person who ordained me was the Right (or possibly not-so-right) Honourable Nelson Guyette who in addition to being a psychic was also a radio broadcaster. He has now passed into the spirit world himself according to this:
https://cnyradio.com/2001/10/09/nelson- ... ead-at-68/

Brad Jeffers

Postby Brad Jeffers » April 4th, 2022, 2:36 pm

Edward Pungot wrote:Once you reach a billion ...
By the time it reaches a billion this thread will be longer than the Erdnase thread :lol:

Edward Pungot

Postby Edward Pungot » April 4th, 2022, 3:51 pm

Isn't the sales tax up there like 51%?
Better to be a perpetual tourist.
I would join that religion.

Tarotist

Postby Tarotist » April 4th, 2022, 4:37 pm

13% sales tax in Ontario. As for the billion I am not sure if we are near that figure yet. I shall now check. One moment please.
Aha! I have been and I have seen. A mere 12.6 million so far. And the new one in less than 24 hours is only a mere 1.6 million. Alas it will take a little while yet before I get to the billion but I musn't be greedy.

All the same it seems to be spreading very fast indeed.

chetday
Favorite Magician: Jon Racherbaumer

Postby chetday » April 5th, 2022, 1:21 pm

My fumbled attempt at a singular contribution to magic on TikTok has garnered, I believe, all of seven viewings, so I have many miles to go before catching up with you, Mark.

For those with fifteen seconds or so to waste, my video on TikTok can be found at:

https://www.tiktok.com/@oldmanstillgotjuice/video/6987843731885985029

(I still haven't figured out how to monetize this classic.) :)

Tarotist

Postby Tarotist » April 5th, 2022, 1:54 pm

Actually you are making progress now. You have 508 views instead of 7! You might get to the billion yet!

AJM

Postby AJM » April 5th, 2022, 2:56 pm

I believe the point of apps like Tik Tok is that those who are interested can see the number of views within the app itself. Kind of defeats the purpose to provide a minute by minute update on the number of views on an entirely separate site.

Tarotist

Postby Tarotist » April 5th, 2022, 3:31 pm

AJM wrote:I believe the point of apps like Tik Tok is that those who are interested can see the number of views within the app itself. Kind of defeats the purpose to provide a minute by minute update on the number of views on an entirely separate site.

Sorry, but with great respect I do not agree. The purpose of a minute by minute update on a different site is to brag about well I am doing and irritate those who don't like it!

Incidentally I now have 14 MILLION views on TicTok! However, if it makes you feel better when it gets to a billion I will be too dead for you to worry about it!

AJM

Postby AJM » April 5th, 2022, 3:53 pm

Its TiKTok Mark - as the cool guys already know.

And the number of views doesn't count when it's you that's doing all the viewing. :D

Tarotist

Postby Tarotist » April 5th, 2022, 4:13 pm

I shall merely quote what Houdini once said to John Scarne, "Magicians want you to do well but not TOO well!" Thank you for proving his point.

Brad Jeffers

Postby Brad Jeffers » April 5th, 2022, 10:52 pm

You should have been wearing a T-shirt with marklewisentertainment.com printed on it.

Dave Le Fevre
Favorite Magician: Paul Megram

Postby Dave Le Fevre » April 6th, 2022, 8:48 am

Brad Jeffers wrote:marklewisentertainment.com
Yet another example of the need for some upper-case letters.

Some people would think that it was wise entertainment from Ms Markle. (And yes, I know that that would require an extra e, but it's how I'd read it.)

Tarotist

Postby Tarotist » April 6th, 2022, 8:53 am

Brad Jeffers wrote:You should have been wearing a T-shirt with marklewisentertainment.com printed on it.

I was advised by Jonathon Royle to hold up a sign with that information. Alas however, Jonathon is quite mad so I discarded his suggestion and opted to announce the information instead on one of the videos. Alas however since I am not used to this modern world I was silly enough to give my phone number as well which was a bad mistake. It encouraged rather a lot of strange calls. Luckily this video was the one with the least amount of views. A mere 259 thousand or so.

Anyway the svengali video is over 15 million views now and still climbing which is an incredible figure. And the latest video which is only a few days old is now at 5 million views. I think I know why it is happening and it has little to do with the tricks themselves.

Tarotist

Postby Tarotist » April 6th, 2022, 9:09 am

Tarotist wrote:I have actually found ANOTHER video of myself in Tik Tok. It didn't go viral like the other one did or at least I don't think it did otherwise I would have heard about it by now. Here it is anyway.
https://www.tiktok.com/@peteybeeproduct ... 8756291077

The reason I am quoting myself is to point out that this video was taken on a different occasion by a different person and was not connected with the other three videos which have gone viral. This one only got about 12 thousand views and yet it is no better or worse than the more recent ones. No rhyme or reason to these things. It must be to do with the alignement of the planets.

Edward Pungot

Postby Edward Pungot » April 6th, 2022, 12:47 pm

When Uranus lines up with the two larger neighborhood gigantics there's a slingshot momentum in the numbers when the smaller planets swing back around.

Tarotist

Postby Tarotist » April 6th, 2022, 1:49 pm

Edward Pungot wrote:When Uranus lines up with the two larger neighborhood gigantics there's a slingshot momentum in the numbers when the smaller planets swing back around.

Oddly enough just as you were typing that I was doing a little bit of astrology for a client. You are truly showing psychic ability.

Return to “Buzz”