Ken Klosterman's Salon de Magie, "The Last Tour"

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Ken Klosterman's Salon de Magie, "The Last Tour"

Postby Dustin Stinett » October 22nd, 2021, 4:21 pm

Here is 12 minutes well-spent:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SupYJ1anYnE

Edward Pungot

Re: Ken Klosterman's Salon de Magie, "The Last Tour"

Postby Edward Pungot » October 24th, 2021, 5:45 pm

Thanks Dustin, that was really fun to watch.
Every turn of the corner and opening of a secret passage, every opening of a drawer or cabinet, I could feel the insides of my brain expand.

I remember when the S.A.M. museum was in town here in Southern California. When I passed by a set of glass enclosed cups for the cups and balls trick and read the label, they began to glow as if I were in the presence of the Holy Grail. I turned to my magic buddy, told him to read the fine print, and said maybe Abraham Lincoln was fooled with these. We stood there in silence. I believe on display as well was the Davenport Spirit Cabinet which was cool to see up close, having seen it so many times in magic history books. But the highlight for me was being in the presence of Alexander Herrmann's personal cups.

Of course the ultimate is seeing history in action. Getting to see Ricky Jay perform Robert-Houdin's Orange Tree at the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences Theater probably tops my list of magic history memories.

I've heard seeing the Hooker Card Rise at the Magic History Conference was a highlight for those who were in attendance. I would have loved to have seen that.

Return to “Buzz”