Smoke & Mirrors Magic Theater - Pure Magic

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Eric DeCamps

Smoke & Mirrors Magic Theater - Pure Magic

Postby Eric DeCamps » September 14th, 2021, 5:46 am

I am delighted to announce that I will be presenting my show “Pure Magic - A Performance of Contemporary Conjuring” at the Smoke & Mirrors Magic Theater. The show directed by MAC award winner Bob Fitch, is scheduled to take place on Friday October 1 and Saturday October 2, 2021. For tickets please call (267) 626-1366 or go to http://www.smokeandmirrorstheater.com. My last shows in New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, and New Jersey have sold out. Today more than ever, we can all use a little magic in our lives, catch one of these limited performances before they… disappear!

FRIDAY OCTOBER 1, 2021 - 8:00pm showtime
SATURDAY OCTOBER 2, 2021 - 7:00pm showtime

Smoke & Mirrors Magic Theater
2840 Pine Road
Landmark Business Center
Philadelphia, PA 19006
http://www.smokeandmirrorstheater.com

“Eric DeCamps is a master of sleight-of-hand, and his show, one of the best you'll see of this kind of magic, is entertaining from start to finish." Richmond Shepard -Performing Arts INSIDER

“Eric DeCamps enchanted us with majestic stories and kept us laughing with his quick wit. Even in this rough and tumble city, it turns out all it takes is a little magic to turn even the most hardened New Yorker into a kid again.” Jane Marie - Glamourite Mag

Eric DeCamps establishes himself as a gentleman who could casually cause the impossible to happen and happen often. Visitors to the Big Apple are fortunate to have one of the finest practitioners of the art of magic in a public setting.” Tom Gaudette - M-U-M Magazine

Eric DeCamps

Re: Smoke & Mirrors Magic Theater - Pure Magic

Postby Eric DeCamps » September 27th, 2021, 9:05 pm

William Kalush, Conjuring Arts Executive Director, shared his thoughts on the show…

"I`ve known Eric DeCamps for a very long time. Since day one I`ve been greatly impressed with his sleight of hand skill and his dedication to the art.

Years ago when Eric would see something that he wanted to learn he would use any means at his disposal to get the technique and then practice it relentlessly until it was flawless. Time and time again Eric would set his sights on some nearly impossible sleight and then quickly perfect it.

A few years ago, after many years of study and hard work, Eric decided to start doing a regular show for the general public. He found an available room in an upscale midtown hotel and started a regular weekly show. His initial run was quite good. Eric was his normal personable self and his technique, as usual, was flawless. From this show he took a hiatus in which time he retooled, added to and subtracted from his material. When he returned to the stage Eric had truly gone through a metamorphosis. Eric now has a perceptively stronger stage persona and in his magic he now uses all the great tools available to only magicians. He`s now able to make the audience feel like their presence changes the outcome of the show.

The new show doesn`t feel pat or rigid, now the audience matters. Eric has now become a great performer and with his arsenal of other skills he has entered that rarefied world inhabited only by artists."

William Kalush, Conjuring Arts Executive Director & TV/Film Magic Consultant

The show is this weekend October 1 & 2, at the Smoke & Mirrors Magic Theater, I hope to see some of my Genii friends there.

Return to “Buzz”