Zubrick Magic: Opening Night Review "Mesmerzing and heart warmingly delightful"

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
kevinpjones069
Favorite Magician: David Copperfield

Zubrick Magic: Opening Night Review "Mesmerzing and heart warmingly delightful"

Postby kevinpjones069 » July 30th, 2021, 4:35 pm

Congratulation to Zubrick Magic. Opening night show was truly mesmerizing, heart-warming and simply delightful! @ZubrickMagic #ZubrickMagic http://www.zubrickmagic.com

After performing for more than a decade outside of the US at the SandCastle Dinner Theatres in Saipan and in Guam, and after a very long year being unable to perform for a live audience. July 29th, 2021 was a special night for Ryan Zubrick and Chris Zubrick, who have clearly poured their heart and soul into building out their own Zubrick Theatre in downtown St. Petersburg, Florida.

An audience of paying local residents (mostly muggles except for yours truly) were treated to an exceptional performance of magic by two young men, whose style, personality, stage craft and skills, and absolute professionalism came together to create an experience that was truly mesmerizing, magical, and heart-warming. The Zubrick Show is a wonder-filled journey of cleverly weaved big and impactful illusions, classics of magic, and sophisticated modern effects, all performed with confidence and to perfection that you would have thought the last year had simply evaporated. Their show is first rate and family oriented. St. Petersburg is fortunate as one can easily see the Zubrick’s holding their own on the Las Vegas strip alongside the great magicians both present and past.

Ryan and Chris open themselves up to their audience, which along with the intimate design of the Zubrick Theatre, ensures everyone feels a personal connection with them. In terms of their magic, seeing amazing illusions so close-up gave their audience an unparalleled jaw-dropping experience. As a fellow magician, seeing their illusions that close gave me a buzz that cannot be easily forgotten. I won't spoil the surprise with a run down of the full performance, but personally, I loved Ryan's performance of the linking rings and to see him perform a classic dove act; and Chris' transported me back to my childhood as I experienced wonder at his unique floating fireflies and the simple beauty of his lightbulb routine. It is clear that the Zubrick's love our Art and equally love to warmly embrace their audience.

My review would not be complete without mention of their onstage assistant Analise, whose stagecraft and years of experience 'box-jumping' is not necessarily apparent to the muggle audience but she is truly amazing in her own right.

I have no doubt that Chris and Ryan Zubrick have many years of success ahead in St. Petersburg, Florida. I look forward to bringing family, friends, and visitors to see their show; and moreover, going often by myself in the months to come just to experience the feeling of magic and wonder that the past 18 months has so desperately been missing.

Review posted by Kevin P Jones, Editor of The Spellbinder - the monthly newsletter of the S.A.M. Parent Assembly #1

Return to “Buzz”