The Great Slydini is on the Cover of the August Issue of Genii

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

The Great Slydini is on the Cover of the August Issue of Genii

Postby Richard Kaufman » July 20th, 2021, 12:15 pm

Join us at http://www.geniimagazine.com for our August issue!
Slydini has been much on my mind lately as I write Greater Magic. He looms over magic in the latter half of the 20th century as a titan. Yet, sadly, few perform his magic as it should be done. This month my old friend is on our cover, in an excerpt from the new book Heroes of Magic written by John Fisher and published by Squash publishing of Chicago (http://www.squashpublishing.com).
Our secondary story by Richard Wiseman and Mike Caveney, “Magic Posters And The Manipulation Of Memory,” focuses on the subliminal nudges magic posters from the golden age did to the minds of audiences who, in retrospect, thought about the illusions they saw. Did they remember what they saw in the show, or on the posters?
Our columnists for this month include Roberto Mansilla, who explains a handling of the ancient “General Card” in “Artifices”; Jim Steinmeyer whips out his paste pot and spills out a new Book Test; the master mechanic Jon Martin is the subject of this month’s “Chamber of Secrets”; A sleightless and impossible divination of three cards flows from the cornucopia of “Cardopolis” by David Britland; in “Exhumations” Jon Racherbaumer unexpectedly speaks the name of a chosen card; For his 50th “Expert at the Kids Table” column, David Kaye explores what to do when faced with a contrary child. Vanessa Armstrong brings us the news in “The Eye”; Jonathan Friedman teaches a strange trick, among three, in “Magicana”; and we have reviews of tricks, books, and videos by David Regal, Francis Menotti, and Ryan Matney.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Return to “Buzz”