Katrina Kroetch - A New Force Awakens

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Scott Wells

Katrina Kroetch - A New Force Awakens

Postby Scott Wells » July 13th, 2021, 6:34 pm

Some of the members here might remember Katrina Kroetch from the 2019 Genii convention in Florida when she...uh, helped out Penn Jillette and Piff in their late night show. I believe there may even be a thread here somewhere about that evening's show. But in any event, that is not the focal point of the conversation in this week's episode of The Magic Word Podcast.

Katrina is a model and magician who has achieved quite a bit in her young life well before turning 30. She has appeared on Penn & Teller Fool Us as well as online, virtual shows and many, many "Princess Parties" in her native California. In this week's episode Katrina talks about performing at these specialty children's shows, plus her road to getting on Penn & Teller Fool Us, and her secrets and thoughts on using a virtual assistant, branding and social marketing.

You can listen to this episode wherever you get your podcasts. But for more information, view the videos, read the blog, see some photos and get some links, then please visit: https://www.themagicwordpodcast.com/sco ... na-kroetch
Visit The Magic Word at http://themagicwordpodcast.com/

AJM

Re: Katrina Kroetch - A New Force Awakens

Postby AJM » July 14th, 2021, 8:55 am

So, given the OP, what are the chances that Ms Kroetch’s ‘crouch’ at the Genii Convention wasn’t as spontaneous as we were led to believe?

Controversial appearance at the GC one year followed by FU the next - clearly no limit as how low Ms Kroetch’s will ‘stoop’ to get her name in lights.

Andrew

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » July 14th, 2021, 11:44 am

It would appear from a quick Google of her name that she's also an exotic dancer.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

AJM

Postby AJM » July 14th, 2021, 12:42 pm

Hmmm

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » July 14th, 2021, 2:58 pm

I don't know if I explained this previously, but I was not involved in Piff's show. I hired him to do his show as known, but with Penn there they wanted to do something new, and asked John Lovick to write the urine transposition piece. Had I known about this beforehand I would have nixed it. I was asleep by the time it happened and only heard about it the next day. My bad.

AJM

Postby AJM » July 14th, 2021, 3:54 pm

IIRC - Jillette and Lovick were working on this routine during the afternoon and, during this time, had arranged for a young man to do ‘the deed’. This guy and his sister had approached Penn for an autograph/selfie and following a conversation he agreed to ‘participate’ in the routine at the late show.

On the night, he was called on to the stage at the appropriate point however he had gone to bed - he’d apparently had an early appointment the following morning.

This was relayed during a chance conversation with the guy’s parents the following day as we were taking our seats in the showroom.

When it became apparent he was a ‘no show’ the routine looked dead in the water and a few awkward moments ensued. Until of course Ms K spotted this as her ideal opportunity - it saved the performance however, in my view, it didn’t say a great deal for her self-respect.

Andrew

Jack Shalom

Postby Jack Shalom » July 15th, 2021, 12:03 am

My impression of that evening was that she was willing to contribute her fluids off-stage--she asked several times, "Off-stage, right?"-- and then before she knew what was happening, she was onstage "performing" ( whether real or faked I don't know). She did not seem like a happy camper when she left the stage. But I think subsequently she decided to be a "good sport" about it. I don't think it is right to slag her for what happened.

Leo Garet
Favorite Magician: Nobody In Particular

Postby Leo Garet » July 15th, 2021, 6:37 am

Jack Shalom wrote:My impression of that evening was that she was willing to contribute her fluids off-stage--she asked several times, "Off-stage, right?"-- and then before she knew what was happening, she was onstage "performing" ( whether real or faked I don't know). She did not seem like a happy camper when she left the stage. But I think subsequently she decided to be a "good sport" about it. I don't think it is right to slag her for what happened.

"I don't think it is right to slag her for what happened."

Perhaps not, but equally I don't think Mister Kaufman should beat himself up about it. "Other forces" and agendas seem to have been at work here, though to what end is anybody's guess.

Joe Lyons
Favorite Magician: Wonder

Postby Joe Lyons » July 15th, 2021, 8:46 am

Evidently Penn appreciated her performance.

From her website:

“Katrina is a pro. I’ve worked on stage with her, improvising magic in an impossible situation and we killed it. She crushed it. I’ll go into showbiz battle with her by my side any day!”
-Penn Jillette (Penn and Teller)

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » July 15th, 2021, 11:37 am

Hahahaha.

Scott Wells

Postby Scott Wells » July 15th, 2021, 2:08 pm

Perhaps now is a good time to direct your attention to the podcast by Penn Jillette (Penn's Sunday School - Episode #543 - October 16, 2019) where he specifically talks about this routine and what went on onstage with their discussion (between Penn and Katrina). This might provide some truth and illuminate how it all happened a bit more. It all starts at around timestamp 00:27:45 https://pennsundayschool.com/episodes/page/4/
Visit The Magic Word at http://themagicwordpodcast.com/

Jack Shalom

Postby Jack Shalom » July 16th, 2021, 10:16 am

Thanks, Scott. That was interesting.

Return to “Buzz”