Pure Magic Returns to Sparta Avenue Stage

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Eric DeCamps

Pure Magic Returns to Sparta Avenue Stage

Postby Eric DeCamps » July 9th, 2021, 11:02 am

PURE MAGIC RETURNS TO SPARTA AVENUE STAGE

Eric DeCamps is a true master and historian of his craft. His performances are much more than a conventional magic show. Stripped away are the traditional top hat, tails and rabbit. What are you left with? A man doing extraordinary things with ordinary objects, woven together with personal reflections and poetic stories elevating these presentations creating a unique theater experience.

Today more than ever, we can all use a little magic in our lives and there is no better way of doing that than by spending an evening with the charming and sophisticated conjuror… Eric DeCamps.

The show is a re-envision of his acclaimed show, PURE MAGIC – A Performance of Contemporary Conjuring, and is scheduled for one night only, Saturday July 31, 2021. For tickets, please call 973 769 2893 or go to http://www.spartastage.com

Mr. DeCamps’ previous shows at the Sparta Avenue Stage have sold out. So, catch this limited performance... before it disappears!

SPARTA AVENUE STAGE
10 Sparta Avenue
Sparta, NJ 07871

Eric DeCamps

Re: Pure Magic Returns to Sparta Avenue Stage

Postby Eric DeCamps » July 27th, 2021, 7:26 pm

Just a quick note to let you know the show is almost SOLD OUT. So if you are own the area and thinking of coming, please call For tickets, please call 973 769 2893 or go to http://www.spartastage.com
Hope to see you there.

Richard Hatch

Postby Richard Hatch » July 27th, 2021, 10:57 pm

Just bought a "senior" ticket (ah, the perks of old age!). Very excited to see this show, Eric. Now I just need to figure out how to get there from Utah this weekend! (Actually, I'll already be on Long Island if anyone wants a companion to carpool to this and split gas...)

Eric DeCamps

Postby Eric DeCamps » July 28th, 2021, 7:32 am

Richard, that's terrific news!
Looking forward to seeing you and thanks for the support.

Richard Hatch wrote:Just bought a "senior" ticket (ah, the perks of old age!). Very excited to see this show, Eric. Now I just need to figure out how to get there from Utah this weekend! (Actually, I'll already be on Long Island if anyone wants a companion to carpool to this and split gas...)

Eric DeCamps

Postby Eric DeCamps » July 29th, 2021, 1:28 pm

I am very happy to report that the show is... SOLD OUT.
I want to thank everyone who purchased a ticket.
I'm glad I got my seat. Wait, I don't need a seat. I work standing! :-)

Richard Hatch

Postby Richard Hatch » August 2nd, 2021, 12:50 am

Just a quick follow up report on Eric DeCamps' show at the Sparta Avenue Stage. I borrowed my brother-in-law's car and made it from Syosset, NY to Sparta, NJ in about two hours, due to traffic conditions (it only took 90 minutes to get back afterwards). I was able to get dinner before the show at Cafe Pierrot across the street from the theater and recommend that if you have time. The small theater seats about 60 and is nicely appointed with magic iconography. Plenty of "Magicians Only" parking in back, which is where the theater entrance is. Lots of magicians in attendance. Among those I recognized: Peter Samelson, Rocco Silano, Meir Yedid. The audience was mostly unmasked, though the two gentlemen on either side of me put on their masks after I was seated between them with my mask on (they probably thought I was unvaccinated!). The show started shortly after 7 p.m. and ran till about 8:20 with no intermission. I'd been fortunate to see Eric perform many of these parlor pieces (coin productions, egg bag, Dean's box, etc.) in other venues but even those had new touches and I enjoyed seeing them again. I don't recall having seen his handling of Ramsay's torn and restored napkin before and his concluding encore card effect was also one I hadn't seen him perform and got him his second and well deserved standing ovation from the enthusiastic audience. He'll be performing this set at Abbott's Magic Get Together this coming Friday afternoon (August 6th: https://www.magicgettogether.com/schedule.html. Highly recommended!

Eric DeCamps

Postby Eric DeCamps » September 14th, 2021, 5:38 am

Thank you Richard for the kind review. It was great surprise seeing you at the show.

Return to “Buzz”