Pam Thompson in Hospice care

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Jon Pendragon
Favorite Magician: Jonathan Pendragon

Pam Thompson in Hospice care

Postby Jon Pendragon » July 7th, 2021, 1:55 am

Our communities beloved Pam Thompson is in hospice care and... it doesn't look good. Pam, of course, was Johnny Thompson's wife, partner, roommates in mental asylum that was the las Vegas Magic scene from the beginning with Siegfried and Roy to the now with Penn and Teller. I met them over 40 years ago. Johnny, like me, worked mostly stage while keeping up the skill set at close up especially cards and Cups and Balls (a nickel plated Paul Fox's set passed between us several times). Pam was a blast of fresh air every time we met up in some far off land. She was a card carrying member of the Magic Gypsies of the World, a non-existent title for a group of real people. They are the magicians who, for one reason or another, can pack flat and play big... and international: The Great Thomsoni and Company (Johnny and Pam), Tina Lenert, Jeff McBride, Rudy Coby, Fin Jonn, The Pendragons, Jay Scott Berry..... She was more than an assistant in that her role required acting and unusual movement (comic). They were wonderful on stage, they were better in person. She needs our prayers, she needs our thoughts, she needs our hopes... she already has our love.

Tom Gilbert

Re: Pam Thompson in Hospice care

Postby Tom Gilbert » July 7th, 2021, 7:45 am

Well said Jon.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » July 7th, 2021, 8:54 am

I read oblique comments on Facebook yesterday that a beloved woman in Las Vegas died. I wondered at the time if it was Pam.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Chas Nigh

Postby Chas Nigh » July 8th, 2021, 3:42 pm

Jon, your post almost brought me to tears. Very moving indeed. Chas

I.M. Magician
Favorite Magician: All of the very best!

Postby I.M. Magician » July 8th, 2021, 5:49 pm

I completely agree that her role as a magician’s assistant was much more than holding things and carrying things on and off stage.

Her persona was very funny and added to the entertainment and laughter received by watching the performance.

We are now speaking of her in the past tense. Any confirmation that she has indeed passed away?

I.M. Magician
Favorite Magician: All of the very best!

Postby I.M. Magician » July 9th, 2021, 7:16 pm

Well, it’s official.

RIP Pam.

Jon Pendragon
Favorite Magician: Jonathan Pendragon

Postby Jon Pendragon » July 9th, 2021, 9:01 pm

Aloha Pam. Bill Larsen's final goodbye was always Aloha, hello and goodbye or till we meet again, It was a sweet farewell and I have adopted it for the greater Larsen family of Castle members and magicians. Now we have lost Pam...

Return to “Buzz”