The Magic Table

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Herb

The Magic Table

Postby Herb » May 3rd, 2021, 10:29 am

Parent Assembly - the NYC chapter of the S.A.M., established The Magic Table in 1944 as a lunchtime gathering for magicians - and for years it was an active hub for local conjurors and a way-station for out of town visitors. The group met in various Times Square restaurants until last March. However, at that time we pivoted to a virtual format and the group continues to meet on Fridays at 1 p.m. Eastern.

We were concerned about the viability of the group in the pandemic but we thankfully discovered that the virtual format has allowed us to expand and attract participants from across the U. S. and in Europe as well. The get-togethers have turned out to be lots of fun with a great deal of shared magic both in terms of performing, giving feedback, instruction etc. - as well as healthy dollops of news, gossip, joking around, etc. We have a great mix of folks including some very talented magicians who regularly participate and are willing to share.

Anyone interested in magic is welcome to attend. While I'd rather not post the Zoom link publicly, if you are interested in attending, please send me an email at: parentassembly1@gmail.com and I will get you the info. Hope to hear from some of you.

Herb Scher
President, Parent Assembly
Society of American Magicians

Return to “Buzz”