Scottish Card Expert Eddie McColl's VLOG

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
erdnasephile

Scottish Card Expert Eddie McColl's VLOG

Postby erdnasephile » October 4th, 2020, 9:18 pm

If you love card magic, I'll bet you'll love this: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDx3IG ... zW64AmcTWg

I really enjoy Mr. McColl's thoughts on magic, and his tutorials (on his website) are excellent!

Matthew Field
Favorite Magician: Slydini

Re: Scottish Card Expert Eddie McColl's VLOG

Postby Matthew Field » October 5th, 2020, 2:36 am

Eddie is a thoughtful, expert card handler. I love his work.

AJM

Postby AJM » October 5th, 2020, 4:17 am

Matthew Field wrote:Eddie is a thoughtful, expert card handler.

I agree.

MagicbyAlfred
Favorite Magician: Bill Malone

Postby MagicbyAlfred » October 5th, 2020, 8:11 am

Although I had heard of Eddie McColl before, I had never met him or seen him - even on video. This thread got me curious, so before bed last night, I watched some of his YouTube videos. I must say I was very impressed. This is a magician who has a lot of knowledge and wisdom to share, and not just about technique. He has a sincere, humble and unassuming demeanor. I watched his videos on personality, his feelings about kicker endings, story-telling in magic, and his approach to the ace assembly (which included his superb performance of Merlin's Lost Ace Trick). I love his perspective on performing magic, and he has so much of value to share.

I then dozed off with visions of playing cards dancing in my head, and guess who I met in the enchanted world of dreams? You're right, Eddie, himself! We had a wonderful session (Scotland or USA, I couldn't tell you). And he was just the way he came across on his videos - humble, sincere, unassuming - and very wise and knowledgeable. He showed me some great stuff and I even got to show him a card control he said he'd never seen or known about. In real life, I'm not so sure that this would be the case. But one thing I am sure of is that I will be watching and learning from every one of the 20 or so videos he has posted in his "VLOG" series. https://www.youtube.com/c/EddieMcColl/videos

When I awakened this morning, the first voice I heard was Eddie McColl's! He magically appeared in my room --
-- on video.

Return to “Buzz”