Derren Brown's new show

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
webbmaster
Favorite Magician: richard Kaufmann

Derren Brown's new show

Postby webbmaster » September 23rd, 2019, 1:44 pm

A free newspaper they hand out when I get on my subway, AM New York, ran an interesting review of Derren Brown's new mentalism show. They mentioned that he asked the reporters not to give away too much from the show so new audiences wouldn't have the mysteries and surprises given away, so you couldn't tell much about what he did, but all in all it was positive. Plus he supposedly said he used no "confederates" or whatever. The last thing I remember is that it said the show needed some editing (!)
Whenever I saw Derren Brown on TV I have been left with a feeling like I didn't really understand how he was working. If I got out more, I'd go for sure. I'll leave it to the younger guys to get out there and report here more about the show.

sleightofdan
Favorite Magician: MW

Re: Derren Brown's new show

Postby sleightofdan » December 3rd, 2019, 6:25 pm

I just saw Secret last week and it was phenomenal! The show is very interactive with lots of audience participation. The material was quite clever, especially the multi-layered finale which explained the title of his show. There were some interesting variations of classics (eg nest of boxes) which significantly improved the effect. He is also such a witty orator with a gripping charisma. Highly highly recommended!

Return to “Buzz”