New Ebook from Michael Close

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Michael Close

New Ebook from Michael Close

Postby Michael Close » August 23rd, 2019, 1:38 pm

My new ebook, The T.O.M. Epiphany, is now available. I’ve written a blog explaining what the book is all about. The strategies explained can turn tricks into miracles. You can read more here:

https://tinyurl.com/y4m8x3r5

If you so desire, you can purchase the ebook here:

https://tinyurl.com/y3wyh3nm

Thanks

Michael Close – The Great White North

Randy Naviaux

Re: New Ebook from Michael Close

Postby Randy Naviaux » August 23rd, 2019, 11:58 pm

Good stuff - gave me some tools to reexamine some effects I have been doing for a couple decades and maybe solve some problems I run into. My goal is not to just fool someone in the moment but to have them still stumped a year later. I can see these strategies helping with accomplishing that goal.

Bill Mullins

Postby Bill Mullins » August 24th, 2019, 11:39 am

"“T.O.M.” is an acronym for an insurmountable limitation of the magic creative process. "
This would have been a really good place to say what "T.O.M." is an acronym for.

Michael Close

Postby Michael Close » August 24th, 2019, 12:46 pm

Hi Bill:

In the great tradition of magic dealers of the past, I was intentionally vague.

The meaning of T.O.M. is given in the product description of the ebook, which is the second link in my original post.

Bill Mullins

Postby Bill Mullins » August 24th, 2019, 10:25 pm

Michael Close wrote:Hi Bill:

In the great tradition of magic dealers of the past, I was intentionally vague.

The meaning of T.O.M. is given in the product description of the ebook, which is the second link in my original post.

Thanks -- my statement came off more snarky than I meant.

But after looking at your second link, and then spending a while going through the Stewart James books, I think you didn't need to work hard at all at being vague. Stewart took care of that for you. (great thinker and inventor, he was, but when he got off on theory, sometimes he was out there.)

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » August 25th, 2019, 11:17 am

Mr. Charming has departed the building.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Michael Close

Postby Michael Close » August 25th, 2019, 1:17 pm

Hi Bill:

I completely agree; trying to wrap your head around Stewart James's Assumptive Trinities is challenging. I've been thinking about this for forty years and only have a basic grasp of it.

The good news is, my new ebook isn't about the Assumptive Trinities. The launchpad for the ideas contained therein is a much more understandable trinity, Stewart's conviction that all effects (when you examine the simplest form of the effect) have only three operational methods.

Once you begin to ponder this, you realize this is a limiting factor in creating new magic. What I've tried to do in The T.O.M. Epiphany is offer practical, clear-cut strategies for circumventing T.O.M.'s restrictions. This is accomplished by operating in the fourth dimension human beings exist in: time.

I have used this approach with my own material and with routines my students were working on. The results are effective and satisfying. Teller called these approaches "wildly thought provoking." I hope other magicians will also find this to be the case.

Thanks

Close

Pete McCabe

Postby Pete McCabe » August 29th, 2019, 5:04 pm

Michael Close wrote:The good news is, my new ebook isn't about the Assumptive Trinities.
Thanks
Close

You're welcome.

Return to “Buzz”